Raiders Weeklypaint 2015

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Khankore
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: Raiders Weeklypaint 2015

Post by Khankore » Mon May 11, 2015 9:35 am

That's not just any old Rune Priest, that's Nijal! You did him justice and I like the effect of floating rocks, it was readily apparent what you were going for. Good job!
Casey Stratton
http://miniaturemodelrescue.blogspot.com

Models: Too many
Painted: Not enough

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Mon May 11, 2015 10:24 am

He looks pretty cool! I REALLY like that you painted the eyes on the wolves on his backpack in blue. Should have done that, too, with my runepriest! As always your fur parts do look really nice. Perhaps the leather parts could use a bit more depth.
On the other hand I don't quite know if I like the basing or not... I mean I really see what you were trying to do but I just don't like the wires holding the stones... and the rock he is standing on just make him much to tall. Pretty cool for a diorama but I don't really like it for a mini you might play with.
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Raider32
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Raider32 » Mon May 11, 2015 10:30 am

Thanks everyone, yeah i agree the leather parts do need some depth adding to them. Leather is something i've always struggled with.

tbh I hate that the wires are visible, but i couldn't think of any other way to do it. I'm more into the painting side of the hobby rather than the game so i'm ok with this being a diorama piece.

not to mention i actually prefer the njal in terminator armour, which i'll probably get for the gaming side, but as this was a present from my girlfriend i didn't have the heart to tell her

Raider32
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Raider32 » Tue May 26, 2015 3:43 am

Unfortunately I didn't get my Dread finished in time for this months heavy hitters challenge, due to starting a new job and currently in the process of moving

I am however pretty pleased with my Njal:

Also as an experiment I decided to paint some models, using washes only.....i think the results weren't too bad....introducing Tundra orcs

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Tue May 26, 2015 2:01 pm

I love your Bob the Greyhunter and your tundra Orks. They are really nice.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Wed May 27, 2015 8:07 am

I think we caught Njal doing jumping-jack :P
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Farseer Oz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Farseer Oz » Wed May 27, 2015 11:34 pm

Really love those Orks
Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted

Raider32
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Raider32 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:16 am

Thanks everybody.

Unfortunately i'm currently in the process of moving house, so it will be a while before i can update you on any models :( although I still will be around the forum to see all your other lovely works

Raider32
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Raider32 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:48 am

Update: Move went well, still tidying up a bit handing in the keys to the old flat tomorrow, so expect some updates soon......

can anybody suggest somewhere i can upload photo's other than photobucket?

drsergen
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:48 am

imgur.com theres an app to so you can upload from your phone.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:49 am

Raider32 wrote:can anybody suggest somewhere i can upload photo's other than photobucket?
I recommend imgur.com

Glad the move went well! Hope all your minis survived!
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

drsergen
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:50 am

heres my imgur account
http://kevinharperserge.imgur.com/
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Raider32
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Raider32 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:53 am

awesome thanks guys. Photobucket is banned at my new job....Imgur works fine. whoop ;)

Yes thanks Mike mini's survived with no injuries

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:15 pm

yay imgur !!