So here's some of my WIP on my Gremlins:
The pig for the Hog Whisperer. This close he looks a bit fuzzy likely due to the priming, tabletop level he's fine. He's done except for his matte protective coat - he'll go on the base with the Hog Whisperer. I did Bugman's glow again as a base skin tone, mixed it up a few times with Cadian flesh to make highlights. I did chestnut gold from reaper line on his "mohawk" and then did eldar flesh dry brush over it lightly (after agrax wash). Black on the hooves and I just did a wash in the eye region as I just couldn't seem to get in there to paint them well enough.
Some of the Bayou Gremlins (with Hog Whisperer - bloke with the fork). They're minus most of their apendages because it really blocks painting them. I'm not looking forward to getting their arms on them either as they're quite fiddly.
Skeeters - not sure how I'm going to do their legs etc. I decided the main carapace would be a purpley colour, I intend to paint the under parts probably something like green. Not sure yet. I looked at a lot of reference pictures for mosquitos and how others had painted their skeeters and just decided to heck with it, I didn't like any of em and real ones are fugly so I'ma gonna make it up.
Remaining two Bayou gremlins and slophaulers. Not really much done on them yet. Missing their bits again as it also blocks painting access.
And a test of OSL for my son's Hexwraiths:
1. paints mixed whilst wet, overlain by glazes.
2. paints mixed on a 'bed' of water, ended up being more an experiment in how to marble something. It was flowing really well at the end there, I could have made an interesting pattern if I'd wanted.
3. more or less traditional dry brushing, bit quick. put a glaze over top, just to see - yellow first then red
4. drybrushed white, glaze of red then yellow
5. was just shades so not much to see
So, final verdict is - I hate them all. Even tho I did them quite quickly, I don't see potential in really any of them except possibly 4. I would do a grey though, colour it up a bit with shades instead, then possibly glaze over it in two sections, red at lower and yellow at top but not at very top where 'heat' would be (light brightest).
So, i think it's really just out side of my current capabilities. And these areas I did are *much* larger than the areas on the models so I just don't have a good feeling about it. I think rather than be stymied by the impossible I'm just going to finish painting them up, sans 'glow' and maybe someday I can come back to 'em.