Guildenstern's weekly paint aka motivation thread

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Guildenstern's weekly paint aka motivation thread

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:04 pm

always loved Redwall... and books like it. There was an older series I can't quite rememeber the names of, Candlelight Archives? anyway, had an otter and several other animals in it I liked very much. The Mouslings definitely really hark back to those days to me! Oh and when I can get ahold of some of Burrows and Badgers ... <3

Guess what our LGS started?
Do you cry at night about that sad unassembled box of Betrayal at Calth sitting underneath your bed? Are you ashamed of yourself? I am! Are you disgusted with your lack of motivation? Well let me help you out sucka!! Starting tonight at midnight we are doing an escalation inside of an escalation!
You have from now until Sunday February 28th to assemble and paint your Betrayal at Calth box set or equivalent 30k force (roughly 1400 points before upgrades). You were unable to purchase a box set, feel free to join in with any 30k equivalently *within reason* army. You may use any models you have already assembled and base coated, but have not completed.
Those who complete the challenge will be entered in a drawing. Grand prize for the drawing will be any Forge World Hours Heresy book of their choice. Oh snap if I win ima get that Book 3 *Extermination*. How about you?
Get yourself excited about life again sucka!
I... dunno what an 'escalation' even is. I just know I have a box unfinished and I might win something!! Looks like February's going to be busy month! (So I really need to get my son's Necrons done soon! hah)

Getting there:

Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:12 am

An escalation league is where you play, build and paint from 0 to a certain level during a defined period of time. They are very fun...I'm afraid I'd be a sucker for this one.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:03 pm

Ah thanks Dez! sounds like fun though I'll probably stop at the painting part... maybe lol we'll see. I already have too many games to play :(

Did more work on the Mouslings, they're almost done, just need some final highlights, and bases finished. I did they're eyes very dark, and I tried to make them look like they had those little white bits shining on the side (from light reflection) first attempt so it didn't come out that great. I covered their little peepers with gloss coat as well. And I think I ended up "blinding" the wizard on his left eye, which you probably won't be able to see well because of his hat etc
[+] Expand
[+] Expand
[+] Expand

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:00 am

those look great. Also, necrons are coming out great, too.

Guildenstern

I want to hug them... and squeeze them...

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:07 pm

<3 Love these minis lol I may be looking into getting more for another frostgrave band, plus I do need to find something for an assistant (apprentice) for the wizard, just not sure what would work yet.

Anyway, so pics! warning lots :P
[+] Expand
[+] Expand
[+] Expand
[+] Expand
[+] Expand
[+] Expand

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:49 pm

Sperian wrote:Those mouldings crack me up! Especially the Piratey one and the musketeery one
I have to admit the Barbarian one wasn't my favorite but more the knight and the pirate - except after painting him, now he's really my favorite lol They're all too dang cute.

Plus I found this:

http://www.darkswordminiatures.com/shop ... tters.html

Grumbles! great now I need to buy more miniatures!

lol

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:27 am

...must...resist...the...cute...

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:51 am

I saw those DarkSword minis on my local shops website. Could not find a size thing for then though. X(
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:53 pm

Lady_Soria wrote:I saw those DarkSword minis on my local shops website. Could not find a size thing for then though. X(
yeah I was wondering that as well!

I might order a couple, regardless, though it'll be a while. I should prolly email em and find out what size range they'd fit in I suppose

Oh it's on the main page that they're 28 mm - but my main question is are the animal ones that large? I'd rather they scaled with my mouslings (which are pretty little), at least the small animals, other animals should be larger if they're bigger animals. Anyway, still really cool looking minis and I am planning on buying at least a few, if not for this current project, just to have!

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:05 pm

So, really annoyed got Doomscythe primed but airbrush kept clogging with my base colour so no painting tonight. I think I took my airbrush apart and cleaned it something like 5 or more times, but no good. Sigh. I dunno, I thought I had the paint thinned well - and it's airbrush paint, not regular.

well one good thing today got my trade in - 51 giant rats =D the metal oop ones! and their packmasters o.O off to simple green em now!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBDvSxlHgKo ... y=m4u5b41t

Kdeff
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Kdeff » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:49 am

God I love those mice of yours, that little wizard looks so Gandalf :lol: Great work mate keep it up!
Death Skull / Waaagh! Dugun 4934p orks 4-0-5
http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 0#p1044324
[/b][/i]
Get 'em boyz!
Dakka dakka dakka!
WAAAGH! THE ORKS!
WAAAGH!
- Rotgob, Ork strategist