drsergenpainting 2015 thread.

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: drsergenpainting 2015 thread.

Post by Dez » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:50 am

Nice start! Are you going to do some weathering on the metals? I always like to add some rust.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:57 am

yes i am also going to make some of the metals bronze or gold in color depending what they are and where they are.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

drsergen
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:01 pm

also i updated my facebook page a bit this week hopping to some day get more likes.
https://www.facebook.com/drsergenpainting?ref=hl
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Thalric
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Thalric » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:22 pm

I would be interested in seeing the photos :) You can never have enough photos of beautifully painted models!

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:23 am

maybe ill just post the link to the imgur albumn instead of posting all the images ill see how much time i have at work later today.

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:34 am

So here are all the pics i took of my morate for a reddit post

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:08 am

Also Here isn the blizter after i worked on him last night.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:04 am

That blitzer is coming along really well!
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:20 am

my next step is to make a paint mix with trollblood base and trollblood highlight (majority of the paint being trollblood base) and than layer that on everywhere but the shadows, and than make another mix with more of the trollblood highlight and paint that on and than paint a tiny tiny ammount of trollblood highlight on the "lightest" parts of the model. i still havent decided what to do with the stones on his skin what shade of stone color i want them to be. im kinda leaning towards a standard stone color. this model is for a competition on a facebook group im in
https://www.facebook.com/groups/WMHPainting/
and the competition is
https://www.facebook.com/events/934191923270542/

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:55 am

Did some more work on the dire troll blitzer last night its hard to see the changes in these pics but it was just some more layering.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:37 pm

he's looking really awesome!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:00 pm

thanks !!!

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:27 am

hey guys how was everyones weekend? get any painting done? what did you work on if you did some painting? what did the dads do for fathers day?

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:50 am

Thanks. And really fathers day is in novemeber in sweden thats when my birthday is. got any pics of your skitarii ?