drsergenpainting 2015 thread.

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: drsergenpainting 2015 thread.

Post by Dez » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:43 am

Hordes is a more fun system than Warmachine IMO. More a risk/gamble system :)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:54 pm

i love warmachine / hordes.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:54 pm

Love the models, dislike the company

drsergen
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:13 am

What's do you have against the company
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:34 am

Nappen had some monumentally bad experiences with their Customer Support, to put it lightly. Mostly related to Kickstarter Pledges on Warmachine Tactics, if memory serves.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:55 am

I've also had bad experiences with their Customer Support and likewise dropped my financial support for the company. At one time, I had full units of every Troll model and bought everything as it was released. They couldn't fix a simple mispack error after months of trying so I gave up. I even have a friend that works for them.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:29 pm

On the other side, I've had nothing but positive experiences - I've had two minis with missing or mispacked pieces (once a Woldguardian with two left legs and no right, for example) and received my replacement pieces in under a week, no hassle at all.

It's luck of the draw, I suppose - I think it ultimately came down to WarmaHordes gaining popularity faster than PP could manage for a good long time, which is understandable, exhilarating, and no doubt incredibly frustrating.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Muttonstashe
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Muttonstashe » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:57 pm

I really don't like the plastic that PP uses, though by far the worst part for me is how they package their plastic models pre-cut. It's always such a chore to try and salvage the shoddy cut work.
Dwarfs: 2000 Points, 1/2 painted
Dark Angels: 1650 Points, Primed
Cygnar: 15 Points, Everything painted except caster

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:37 pm

here is another small update.

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:39 pm

Khador? I'm not a WarmaHordes player, but I like the look of the minis.

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:35 pm

yepp khador. i call the one stumpy.

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:43 pm

I have to say your painting has improved greatly. Out of curiousity are you going to World's Collide this Saturday?
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:42 pm

Mini's are looking good and sorta is right, your painting is coming along great.

As for PP, mike is right. But that was the second round of really bad customer service the KS got me to try them again. Two rounds of bad was too much. And I agree with the pre cut sprues. Drives me nuts, they are such a pain to fix.

Like I said, love the sculpts, and I occasionally pic them up when I find them really cheap. I hsve a fully painted khador army. Sold my menorah, but have cryx, retribution and convergence waiting to be built and painted.

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:11 am

thanks everyone, and i didnt have plans to go to worlds this saturday why would i be?. they are now mostly done except for some finishing touches i might do tonight if i have the time before the submission deadline for the deathmatch.

Dez

Post by Dez » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:27 am

Funny, when I saw 'Are you going to World's Collide?' this is what I think of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-EbmC9gub4

/old tattooed punk rock dude