drsergenpainting 2015 thread.

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

drsergenpainting 2015 thread.

Post by drsergen » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:29 am

Here is the new topic for 2015 new start.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

drsergen
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: drsergenpainting 2015 thread.

Post by drsergen » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:29 am

reposting here to insure a new start. ignore my other thread now.

Here are some more pic of the work space and the models i am starting painting with.

the one on the left was already painted before my mental breakdown.
heres a better look at the already painted model. i need to redo his helmet i dont like the beige color any more. what was i thinking!!!

first model i started with i forgot some paints at my parents so i couldn't get to much done to start but i made progress on 1 or 2 models.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Vault
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Vault » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:15 am

Looking pretty good, the beige does look a littlenout of place I agree. maybe a gold or brass colour if it's a seargent type mini?
Get thee to a shrimpery!
Tau - 1849 points
Space Marines - 2333 points
Necrons - 3185 points
Tyranids - 3339 points
Orks - 1300 points
Lizardmen - 938 points

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:49 pm

its a reg unit so i might just do the leadbelcher

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:04 am

I actually do like the beige. Looks a bit like bonecolour and makes the head stand out more, than another metal colour would be able to... but that's only my opinion. ;)
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:56 am

these ones are almost done.

these two need to be primed a bit more.

done some touch-ups to these three models as well.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:41 am

Looking good, the red-black-silver-brass color scheme works really well.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:52 am

My first reaction was:

The colours look great though, it's a nice departure from Khador norms without losing the feel of the army.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:13 am

oh i do prime my models i just moved and left my primer behind so i cant paint the unprimed areas until i get that stuff back.

Vault
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Vault » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:16 am

Stuff's looking good there. I always felt obligated to paint a Warmahordes army their... Default colours. This proves you can hae a custom sheme while still looking like Khador.
Get thee to a shrimpery!
Tau - 1849 points
Space Marines - 2333 points
Necrons - 3185 points
Tyranids - 3339 points
Orks - 1300 points
Lizardmen - 938 points

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:27 am

Vault wrote:Stuff's looking good there. I always felt obligated to paint a Warmahordes army their... Default colours. This proves you can hae a custom sheme while still looking like Khador.
My Trolls are varying shades of green :)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:34 am

thanks guys i like the regal look the gold red and black add to the army. just have to improve my paint skills over time. .

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:34 am

Heck, my Legion of Everblight have deeply tanned, almost orange skin. Or well, the 5 models I've painted do.... *cries in the corner*
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:26 pm

i feel you. i have so much khador to paint. kayazy assasin and the khador deathstar and on and on. . . lol.

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:46 am

I hate these models.(karazy assasins)

changed the way the heads and torsos are painted.

trying to paint the last one unassembled. not sure why

primed one of the widowmakers