Vault's #theweeklypaint 2015

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Vault's #theweeklypaint 2015

Post by Arnathos » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:58 pm

Vault wrote: Ehehehehe... Not pictured; metal Techpriest... which I can't do anything with but Techpriests are cool.
Great stuff! The techpriest is easily one of my favorite GW models, they are decent in game as well if you ever start a guard army, but mostly they make for a great display model!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Vault
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Vault » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:02 pm

It could happen... I have an IG army in my fluff... >.> Then again it's centered around a world named after Belgium just so I could have a Hercule Soandso and a Mr Whatsisname Poirot appear as Auxiliaries in my Tau army. >.>
Get thee to a shrimpery!
Tau - 1849 points
Space Marines - 2333 points
Necrons - 3185 points
Tyranids - 3339 points
Orks - 1300 points
Lizardmen - 938 points

Vault

Post by Vault » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:27 pm

Got my Necron Codex and Overlord pr-ordered a couple days ago. ( o w o ) b
With that order I'm also picking up the Sentinels of Terra book because I'm contemplating running my fluff chapter using Imperial Fist rules. A Bomma to go with this Ghost/Doomsday Ark I've got waiting to be looted by Orks... and a Grey Knights Strike Squad... Which I'll be using as bitz for a couple conversions, custom Chapter Master and possibly an Inquisitor because -someone- did one and it was awesome.
Then from Elsewhere I've got more Gaunts ont he way solving all of my number problems. The stuff to make a Necron Destroyer Lord... and a Crpytek. Then I've got an order of 5 Boyz coming in that will finally make those Teleporter boyz I was going to build so long ago...Some Grey Knight Terminator heads...
I'm not really upset I kind of agreed to sell the Blood Angels portion of Deathstorm... the only thing in it not plastered with Blood Angels iconography is the Terminators. ;p
I haven't 'painted' anything this week Unless we count the base-coat I sprayed onto a bunch of stuff. Carnifex and Broodlord from Deathstorm, Killakanz from Stormclaw,Landraider, Hunter/Stalker. Cadre Fireblade, Ghost Ark, an XV-8... things that have been floating around my desk for a while now.

Played my first game with my Nids and learning... I've never used Psykers before. Poison is new to me... That and I completely missed 6e so 7e has some really weird stuff I've never dealt with. Warp Charges for one. :/
Get thee to a shrimpery!
Tau - 1849 points
Necrons - 3185 points
Tyranids - 3339 points
Orks - 1300 points
Lizardmen - 938 points

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:36 pm

Sounds like you have some great projects planned :)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Vault

Post by Vault » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:12 am

Hopefully I can get that "Looted Wagon" Doomsday Ark to work as well as I want to... I have some ideas though.

I finished that match up yesterday. Opponent thought they were getting stomped early in... but that was because they were trying to close to melee range and Ork shooting is... Ork shooting. I wound up losing everything but my 'Fex and they everything but roughly Nine Boyz and their Boss Nob with Power Klaw.
Carnifex rolled a 6 on the Feed table... didn't make it to base to base contact and so he sat there.
Boys Opened up with Pistols and did... nothing then charged, Fex took a fair amount of wounds but kept making his saves. Reliably squashed about one per round of melee. They inflicted a couple wounds and then promptly lost a model to Acid Blood... I wound up "Winning" as I was the only one with a mini left on the table but it was an out of control Carnifex.
Get thee to a shrimpery!
Tau - 1849 points
Necrons - 3185 points
Tyranids - 3339 points
Orks - 1300 points
Lizardmen - 938 points

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:38 am

Actually sounds quite fun

Vault

Post by Vault » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:53 pm

Still no pictures. I started painting up the Land Raider, and got... about a quarter of it painted... I really, really want a Bleached/Ushabti Bone spray equivalent because doing this by hand is really, really slow.
Army Painter apparently makes one but the only place I've found that sells that online is BKG out of Ontario and they want to Fed-Ex it. Except Fed-Ex really doesn't come here... Generally they pawn whatever they're transporting off on Canada Post...
Mostly focusing on the Interior right now and I'll have some pictures when I've done more than put a couple layers of beige over white primer. :/
Get thee to a shrimpery!
Tau - 1849 points
Necrons - 3185 points
Tyranids - 3339 points
Orks - 1300 points
Lizardmen - 938 points

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:08 pm

It sounds to me like you should invest in an airbrush, even if just for base coating/priming. The Vallejo Game Air primers are great.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:31 pm

Spray Paint *has* to be FedEx'd - because it's technically an explosive substance, it's actually illegal to ship it via Canada Post. We ran into this at MWG years ago :)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Dez

Post by Dez » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:32 pm

I would have cleared MWG out of Army Painter primer at the closing sale...

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:35 pm

Yeah, I think I bought maybe 7 cans when that happened. Still bums me out, but on the other hand I've impulse-bought a lot less models since then.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Vault

Post by Vault » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:19 pm

yeah kind of a pain. I've been looking at an air brush.
Get thee to a shrimpery!
Tau - 1849 points
Necrons - 3185 points
Tyranids - 3339 points
Orks - 1300 points
Lizardmen - 938 points

Vault

Post by Vault » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:08 pm

Land Raider progress is slow... I mightnthin up what's left of my first Bleached Bone pot a bit and see if that helps. :/
Started in on... Whatever his name is dragongaze.... i'm not too clear on Space Puppy lore... is coming up with custom "clans" a thing people do? because I didnthat... clan Ironborne. >.>
Get thee to a shrimpery!
Tau - 1849 points
Necrons - 3185 points
Tyranids - 3339 points
Orks - 1300 points
Lizardmen - 938 points

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:02 am

I think the clans/chapters are called great companies, but I could be wrong. Land Raiders are a pain, I did 3 and swore to never do one again, but now I really need a Land Raider Crusader for my inquisitors to ride in, life is cruel.

Why does GW need to make a model that is a pain to assemble/paint so awesome to use on the tabletop?
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Raider32
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Raider32 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:17 am

Great companies, you are correct sir