Farseer Oz #theweeklypaint 2015

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Farseer Oz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Farseer Oz #theweeklypaint 2015

Post by Farseer Oz » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:12 pm

Latest update: Finished the base for the Cobra, been working on the underbelly and getting the whites right so now just the base coats are done.

Off to Japan next week so will be no painting for a bit.

Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:59 am

I'm interested in where this is going...and have a great time in Japan! It's on my bucket list.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:22 am

Oh, man. I haven't been to Japan in ages. Since right before my first son was born. On the plus side, I did recently get back into the dojo for the first time since just before my second son was born (he's two-and-a-half now). It feels good to get thrown around again. But gods am I out of shape. :(

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:25 pm

@munin try when your kids are teens ;p

that looks really cool Farseer, love the base! hope you have a great time in Japan :)
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:35 pm

Enjoy Japan!
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:24 am

enjoy Japan!

Farseer Oz
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Farseer Oz » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:03 pm

Hey guys am back from Japan...... Wow, what a place, I encourage everyone to put it on their list. Tokyo was amazing and country side Japan very beautiful.

It is clean, safe and friendly and the clash of tradition, Japanese and western culture make it something very unique.

Back to painting and worked on the gun of the Aquilla Stronghold.... Still needs more weathering but due to my short time frame of my Apoc game I will have to leave it at basic level and come back to it later.

Khankore
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Khankore » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:52 am

Did you happen to bring back any interesting mini's from Japan?
Casey Stratton
http://miniaturemodelrescue.blogspot.com

Models: Too many
Painted: Not enough

Farseer Oz

Post by Farseer Oz » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:13 pm

Haha no miniatures picked up in Japan unfortunately.

Still racing to get everything assembled and base painted for my 10k Apoc game in 3 and a bit weeks.

So moved on to doing the top of the Aquilla Strongpoint and have assembled and magnetized the weapon on the lynx so that I can change the weapon in the future. I also magnetized the bottom of the lynx so that it sits on a flying stand.

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:39 pm

Very nice!

Khankore
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Khankore » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:40 am

X2 on the looking good!
Casey Stratton
http://miniaturemodelrescue.blogspot.com

Models: Too many
Painted: Not enough

Farseer Oz

Post by Farseer Oz » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:55 pm

Been a bit slack with painting lately.

I did have a 6,000 point Apocalypse game though to get ready for my 10,000 pt one in a couple of weeks.

Here is my 6,000pt army.

Played a renegade guard with Khorne Marines and Daemons.

Chaos conceded at the bottom of the 3rd when his super heavies and bloodthirster were all dead. The long range of the Eldar caught him out with the flank marching short range hard hitters.

Chaos gun line

Wraith formation comes in from the flank to reek havoc.

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:15 pm

Whoa that is a lot of Chaos guard.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Thalric
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Thalric » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:01 am

Very impressive pictures and it sounds like you had a lot of fun :)

Dez

Post by Dez » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:36 am

I like the FW tanks too :)