Farseer Oz #theweeklypaint 2015

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Farseer Oz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Farseer Oz #theweeklypaint 2015

Post by Farseer Oz » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:26 pm

Yeah I had some warpage on my Warp Hunter hehe. So am not too worried about getting those pulsars straightened out.

Just takes a bit of time and being very careful not to bend them too far and have them snap on you.
Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted

skipgiblets
Silver Vault Member

Post by skipgiblets » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:16 am

I look forward to seeing what the finished product looks like. You could always keep the parts warped, and just work that into the model/paint job somehow - like some sort of recoil or it being in the middle of a charge/blast.
I don't like quotations, tell me what you know. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Farseer Oz
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Farseer Oz » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:43 pm

Have done some more prep work on the legs with some more pinning. Spent ages on this and haven't even started painting the titan. People say the feet are the hardest with this thing and I 100% agree. Guess it is like a house, you spend forever on the foundation and then the house goes up real fast.

Also worked on the base. Have converted this Ork Trukk and just done the base coat. Highlights, washes, paint chips and rust to come. Won't give to much away as next photo will hopefully be the finished base.

Farseer Oz

Post by Farseer Oz » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:28 pm

Crashed Ork Trukk is all finished.

Just in time to as the next part of the diorama just arrived in the mail.... Next is to convert and paint up these guys.

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:13 pm

Your trukk is amazing, I can't wait to see next steps. I really love the colors you used and the metal patches on the hull and carrying space.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:22 am

Well yellow is more proppa, but I guess that is a proppa trukk. Needs more rivets :)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Nexus_Crawler
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:27 am

there is a lot of detail on that trukk. awesome
--Necrons, Dark Angels--
--Connoisseur of fine Cheese--

Farseer Oz

Post by Farseer Oz » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:00 pm

Nearly finished the Orks.

Hopefully pics up in next couple of days.

Farseer Oz

Post by Farseer Oz » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:58 pm

Finally finished the Orks.

All the pieces for the first stage are now done. Now just need to plaster up the base and then get gluing and put a big pin through the legs and base.

Going to be make or break time to see if my vision works.

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:00 pm

That is going to be epic.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Farseer Oz

Post by Farseer Oz » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:51 am

Finished the base and pinned the leg through the trukk and into the base. Thinking it should hold the weight.

The look I am trying to achieve is the titan landing from the air onto the front trukk and causing it so slide and cripple under its weight.

ArchonPenguin
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by ArchonPenguin » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:59 am

:shock: that looks amazing. I cannot wait to see the finished piece!

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:26 am

That looks awesome and narrative.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:05 pm

Dude! That's so freakin awesome I love it! It really looks like they're in motion about to flip out of the truk. Really awesome idea!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Return to “#theweeklypaint 2015”