Farseer Oz #theweeklypaint 2015

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Khankore
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: Farseer Oz #theweeklypaint 2015

Post by Khankore » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:03 pm

That looks so epic! Never played more then 2k points myself, but that sure looks like a lot of fun.
Casey Stratton
http://miniaturemodelrescue.blogspot.com

Models: Too many
Painted: Not enough

Farseer Oz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Farseer Oz » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:38 pm

Well I have still been painting but just not finishing anything as I have been getting a lot of things to a table standard.

This weekend is the 10,000 point Apocalypse game.

20 players are coming to the event so we will have 100,000 pts Imperial vs 100,000 pts Xeno's.

Here is my Apocalypse force. Minus 1 Super Heavies so this shot is actually about 9,400 pts.

Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:54 pm

That's an impressive army for sure! It will be an hell of a fight!
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Khankore
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Khankore » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:42 pm

That is a ton of beautiful models!
Casey Stratton
http://miniaturemodelrescue.blogspot.com

Models: Too many
Painted: Not enough

Farseer Oz
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Farseer Oz » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:17 pm

Sperian wrote:Oh my! That is a sweet Eldar army, not many guardians though!

Although I must say, whilst your Titan is awesome I still dislike the fact that the trukk of boys that it is crunching looks a lot like one of mine :(
Yeah I have done that on purpose as the fluff for Biel Tan is that they are very warlike and therefore have a lot of aspect warriors over guardians and warlocks etc.

The Orks is my mate colour scheme so I did that to rub it in his face :)

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:31 am

I used my son's necron color scheme in a lot of my bases...same reasons....

Love the army.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:40 am

brilliant idea, playing off other's force and wow that army - extremely impressive!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Farseer Oz

Post by Farseer Oz » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:20 pm

Been quiet on the painting front as I have decided to give myself a break after going hard for the Apocalypse game. So just playing some Xbox and will start up again sometime in December.

Here are some pictures though of the game. Was 100k per side. Xeno's ended up winning comfortably. My forces were left alone and I didn't loose any superheavies. Lost a lot of my troops and my wraithguard all died to an exploding Warlord titan after doing 28 hull points to it.

The other Eldar player took out the other Warlord titan with wraithguard as well with a Corsair Prince deep striking them in with no scatter. People weren't very impressed with Wraithguard after this game hehe.

Anyways here are some photo's I took.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:15 am

I've been on sabbatical as well, just felt like taking a break/playing some video games. Also been raising some baby parakeets :)

Man does that game look like it was great!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Farseer Oz

Post by Farseer Oz » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:47 am

Got any photo's of the baby birds?

Return to “#theweeklypaint 2015”