Epic Duck Mike's #theweeklypaint 2015

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Epic Duck Mike's #theweeklypaint 2015

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:28 am

Thanks Munin!

Ok, so I fell off the wagon for a little bit, but I'm back! I just updated the Deathmatch scoreboards with August and September voting results, finally... I didn't realize how intense the August voting was! We had two people hit the 10 point cap!

I haven't painted much this past week, mostly because my new PC is finally in so I've been setting that up and playing more Borderlands Presequel than I should be :P

That said... I DID manage to edit and post the Frostgrave Battle Report I filmed about 2 weeks back, where the Mouslings faced off against Ash's wizard "Hrothgar the Sigilist" and his warband!

Check out Magic Murder Mice Ep01!

I'm filming Episode 2 with Owen tonight!
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:44 am

Can't wait to watch the batrep, I'm loving Frostgrave.

I've also been playing Sword Coast Legends when I can, Borderlands is a great game too.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:22 pm

ARRRRRGH

ok that's it, going to learn how to play Frostgrave >< lol
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:14 am

The great thing about Frostgrave is that if you have a bunch of existing D&D minis, you're basically ready to play already... and if you don't, Reaper Bones are super cheap.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:32 pm

Epic Duck Mike wrote:The great thing about Frostgrave is that if you have a bunch of existing D&D minis, you're basically ready to play already... and if you don't, Reaper Bones are super cheap.
yeah it's like an excuse to finish my bones! hehe

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:41 am

Alright, this is due for an update!

I've mostly been playing Frostgrave and editing old painting videos I recorded back in August but never got around to actually editing, because I was waiting to get my new PC.

My Painted vs Obtained tally just took another huge hit: I picked up 9 more Mouslings and Lich Lord, plus a 13 model Bloodbowl commission just showed up... and I'll be grabbing an HH boxed set next week as well... so that's around 60 more miniatures with nothing to scratch off on the painted column. Oops! Maybe I should just stop keeping track of that ;)

Khankore
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Khankore » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:53 pm

Haha, yeah - Keeping track of those is like trying to count freckles on a redhead. (I have 3 redhead daughters, so I speak from experience)
Casey Stratton
http://miniaturemodelrescue.blogspot.com

Models: Too many
Painted: Not enough

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:55 pm

Khankore wrote:Haha, yeah - Keeping track of those is like trying to count freckles on a redhead. (I have 3 redhead daughters, so I speak from experience)
You're lucky to have so many children! :) I really hope to have children soon.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:53 pm

Khankore wrote:Haha, yeah - Keeping track of those is like trying to count freckles on a redhead. (I have 3 redhead daughters, so I speak from experience)

Hey, I have three sons... how old are your daughters?! :lol: :lol: kidding...

definitely agree re: projects/stuff to paint etc though lol Although I think I would describe it more as trying to herd cats. Or toddlers. Either one. You know, a moving target hehe

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:34 am

I am living the dream there too. Though my kids are older and require less herding. I am no my wife's major problem to herd. The models...well, I give up, they grow and not many get painted.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:15 am

A rather blurry photo of last night's painting progress, the Lich Lord I'll be using in the Frostgrave expansion :D

Feneras
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Feneras » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:27 am

The base is really nice and detailed.
I like the way it rises from the grave.. more pics please !
1750* WIP Astra militarum
2500 Eldar
1500 Black Templar

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:04 am

It's an awesome model. I am a bit surprised you didn't go with a cold colour scheme, but still looks awesome.

I wish I could relate to the hoardes of minis to paint..m but I kinda have the reverse. Time to paint but not lots to paint. :(
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Khankore
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Khankore » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:42 am

I really like this Mike. I'm not familiar with the model, is there any custom green stuff sculpting going on with this model? The faded blend on the base is top notch...soooooo smooth.
Casey Stratton
http://miniaturemodelrescue.blogspot.com

Models: Too many
Painted: Not enough