Oceangrave Studios #theweeklypaint 2015

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Oceangrave Studios #theweeklypaint 2015

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:12 pm

Angels Penitent?

Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

TheHoundmaster
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:15 pm

Wrong Angels! Paint it up as a Dark Angel! Specifically Guardians of the Covenant! I mean look at that robe...
The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:12 am

Can't paint him as a dark angel, already has blood angel iconography! And I already based him red thinking I'd get more people saying odd red chapters xD well darn, no one is happy. I do love how mike picked the one chapter I didn't expect from anyone, bro is a mind reader.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:15 am

they look awesome. . . can i be an ****** and agree with mike
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:22 am

Oceangrave0 wrote:I do love how mike picked the one chapter I didn't expect from anyone, bro is a mind reader.
Yeah, I had to pick one of what, two not-just-red Successors? Them and the Knights of Blood (and to a lesser extent, the Flesh Tearers)...

Oops!

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Oceangrave0
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:27 am

Epic Duck Mike wrote:
Oceangrave0 wrote:I do love how mike picked the one chapter I didn't expect from anyone, bro is a mind reader.
Yeah, I had to pick one of what, two not-just-red Successors? Them and the Knights of Blood (and to a lesser extent, the Flesh Tearers)...

Oops!
I was expecting dez to say lamenters and then all mostly red based chapters, lol, I mean I gotta paint one now that multiple people enjoy the idea, I'm gonna complete the red marine before I do an angels penitent guy but I'll do it for yall
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:54 pm

This is where I am on the first blood angels bro, thinking either black or bone aquilla, gold trimmings and green energy... thoughts?
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:58 pm

I was going to say Lamenters or Knights of Blood :)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

drsergen
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:03 pm

i like the way bone color looks with red.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:04 pm

Dez wrote:I was going to say Lamenters or Knights of Blood :)
I knew lamenters, you cant pull the wool over my eyes :shock:
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:50 pm

So far so good Ocean. You are great at having a red that is still vibrant but not 'glowing'
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:57 pm

Black Aguila with Bone trimmings would look awesome - gold can be so overdone on Marines.

Green energy seems fitting, though if you could pull off a near-black energy sword (black with grey/white lightning or shimmer) that would look great, and tie back to the aguila :)

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:03 pm

Epic Duck Mike wrote:Black Aguila with Bone trimmings would look awesome - gold can be so overdone on Marines.

Green energy seems fitting, though if you could pull off a near-black energy sword (black with grey/white lightning or shimmer) that would look great, and tie back to the aguila :)
I like that idea, I saw someone do that with a near black blue and white lightning structure, might try it on a different bit before actually painting it on the sword itself.

I kinda find it funny how we think alike yet in opposites... I was gonna do black aquilla, bone trim, but then decided to swap it in favor of a bone heavy center (The tabard going to be a sepia bone tone). :lol:
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:05 pm

i say roll with it.

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:22 pm

I have been, I am enjoying this model, kinda just spending the early afternoon listening to either Soul or Folk music while painting.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!