Oceangrave Studios #theweeklypaint 2015

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Oceangrave Studios #theweeklypaint 2015

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:02 am

Bark bark my peeps!! Who missed me? No one? That's fine cuz...

I.AM. BACK. PEOPLE!

I haven't worked on anything in a couple months, meaning I am rusty as all get out!

So many exclamation points in this post you better be excited!!

Starting this year off finishing my guardians pd the covenant, so I can have a fancy looking army, then probably go into my fantasy armies, my daemons and so on.

Probably going to also push my ebay business again since I am officially unemployed on the 15th.

Hope no one missed me too much, I did miss you all and your awesome work though.

2015 powah!!!
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Oceangrave Studios #theweeklypaint 2015

Post by Dez » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:24 am

I'm excited!!! (<---see? Exclamation points!)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Sarkastik » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:32 am

#OceangraveHYPE!!!!!!!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:22 am

Welcome back! Here, I have a few spare exclamation points you can use.

!!!!!!!

I think those last few are going bad, though.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Oceangrave0
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:47 pm

So I gotta ask, has anyone used the dry paints on a whole mini like a space marine or something, saw the GW blood angel painting tutorials and wonder how easy itd be to do it that way but that was probably a controlled environment. Just wanted to know if anyone else use them en mass like this and their experiences?

Also, I've been working on some terminators for the death match with arnathos this month, noticing how many of my paints are dead, solid as stone just completely unusable... Gonna have to go to my local store and amazon and restock before real work can begin. :twisted:
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:51 pm

I haven't tried any of the dry paints yet, but I can't imagine *wanting* to use them on a whole miniature, unless it was something highly textured like a Thunderwolf.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:58 pm

Epic Duck Mike wrote:I haven't tried any of the dry paints yet, but I can't imagine *wanting* to use them on a whole miniature, unless it was something highly textured like a Thunderwolf.
My brain is thinking more like on tyranids. I watched them use it on a rhino and space marine and it did look good, not as good as layering but for simple sale work, it could cut down on time, and well.... time is money and all that
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:14 pm

Hey look... a model I'm working on! :D

OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Vault
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Vault » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:59 pm

Looking very good.
Get thee to a shrimpery!
Tau - 1849 points
Space Marines - 2333 points
Necrons - 3185 points
Tyranids - 3339 points
Orks - 1300 points
Lizardmen - 938 points

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:01 pm

Nice to see you back in the saddle, I love the paint scheme.

Nexus_Crawler
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:00 pm

That is a great looking belial. Good work ocean.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--
--Connoisseur of fine Cheese--

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:10 pm

Thanks ya'll, I have really been wanting to get into some more painting, but I need to get some more stuff... Debating finishing off these terminators for the DM and jumping straight into sale items... need the cash...

This brings me to the question of the day...

What Tau sept should i paint my shas'o r'alai? being a forgeworld model, i plan on spending way too much time painting it to make it awesome, just kinda don't know enough about tau lore and septs to make a decision i like.

any opinions are welcome, i'm really just stuck on this one.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:06 pm

LOOK WHAT I FOUND!

Who remembers these dudes?
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Dez

Post by Dez » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:48 pm

Awesome...you going to sell them?

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:22 am

Dez wrote:Awesome...you going to sell them?
Uhm... I might... I don't want to spend money making this group any bigger, but if I sell these guys then they all gotta go, including the Puppeteer chaos lord that inspired it all, and I love that guy.... would have to add him to the list of chaos lords I need to re-create, of which include;

1. Necryos, Wing of Death (First model I ever painted)
2. Arcanus of the Gate
3. Ernie
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!