Dez #theweeklypaint 2015

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Re: Dez #theweeklypaint 2015

Post by Kovlovsky » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:26 pm

Young parakeets must be absolutely cute! We need to see! ;)
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:31 pm

These pics are a little bit old...2-3 weeks ago. I'll update them soon.

Let me start out with an introduction to my buddies. I've had Sweet Dee and Chet for over a year, and the kids first hatched on 10/16.

Chet and Sweet Dee, Dad and Mom.

In hatching order, with their temporary names:

Mac (I'm keeping this one, it's his real name)

Buckbeak: My Harry Potter Fan and Tween loves this name, she's the only girl.

Tweeter:
Named by my 4 year old, he's the most vocal and loves singing with Chet.

Junior (he's the youngest)

One of the amazing things about these guys? They all survived! Usually a first clutch doesn't survive.

Here is a pic of Mac, his first day in the office with me today.

PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:37 pm

They look great!

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:12 pm

Dez

Post by Dez » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:13 pm

So I've been working on a Bolt Action army...but in 15mm

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:21 pm

1. omg squeeee birds!! we're taking care of a friends bird over the holidays and he's the cutest sweetest dang thing. I've never thought about having a bird as a pet before (mostly because I also have cats...)
2. you're a glutton! lol those are *tiny* tiny miniatures omg
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:47 pm

I have never really considered birds all that cute but omg those are adorable.

And those are very tiny... My eyes hurt just thinking about it.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Dez

Post by Dez » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:06 am

I never thought about having birds as pets until I saw a National Geographic (maybe Discovery channel?) special on them and I was immediately obsessed. Best pets ever. I also have cats, btw. I just keep those low life moon rats away from my baby birds :)

Dez

Post by Dez » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:40 am

Ok I forgot these earlier, a couple tanks I already built (Stug G and a Sherman M4A1 if I recall).

The Germans Grenadiers done:

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:07 am

yippe....looten to be done.

I should get back to my bolt action.

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:03 pm

I believe it's a Stug III G yeah. It's hard to differenciate it from the Stug IV without looking it from the side.

Dez

Post by Dez » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:38 am

Worked on some more Bolt Action in 15mm while I binge watched Man in the High Castle. Just put in some quick color blocking. I keep telling myself to speed paint...but find myself seeing new details I want to paint :)

Also Black Friday order from Wyrd came in. Can't wait to open some goodies!

Sue
LE Firestarter
LE Francisco
Sammy LaCroix
LE Gremlin
Bayou Gators
LE Alternate Perdita
Aionus

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:02 pm

Noice.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:58 pm

sweet! I am that way about details with my clanrats - dunno if I could do a boltaction set of troops though

Grats on the malifaux minis =D I really wanted the gators but decided to wait, so I could get that nightmare whiskey golem and war wabbit
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Dez

Post by Dez » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:03 pm

Haha, they are Flames of War scale...tiny 15mm dudes!

I'd spoiled myself during Gencon and got the Whiskey Golem and War Wabbit and in trouble with my wife.