Nappen's Weekly Paint 2015

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:37 pm

I ended the last year by finishing My son's Necron Army. I then started to build more on my venice board, but I ran out of cast tiles and it is too cold in the garage to do plaster right now, so decided to work on the imperial strong point is primed green a year ago.

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: Nappen's Weekly Paint 2014

Post by Nappen » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:21 am

Made a lot of progress yesterday, watching the college football playoffs. I am almost done on the two bastions. Today, I hope to work on the defense line. But first, about to head out to Nashville to put the Mother-in-law and my oldest on a plane...one home and one back to school.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:07 pm

Finished painting the strong point. Will try and do some pics tomorrow.

---UPDATE---

Arrgggh! I realized that I forgot to drill the barrels on the stormbolter emplacements. Not a huge deal and I drilled it out, but would have been MUCH easier before assembly.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:49 am

Spent the last two days painting up the strong point. No individual piece is that much work, but man, there is a lot. And a bunch of left over bits that I painted and then decided not to use. Ah well, anyway, Strongpoint complete.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:21 am

That was fast! I have had one of those since they came out I still need to paint :)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:54 pm

I still have another in the box. Today I am casting tiles for my venice board and going to make the bases for my Daemons before I prime them.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:29 pm

got the bases done. Hard to see and the magic sculpt will need to cure overnight, but going to have nurgle units with green gooey rivers of sludge, the slaneesh with lava and the Khorne standing on a field of bones.

Once cured I will prime them on their bases. Never done it in this order before, and will see how it goes.

Also, just mixed up my third round of tiles. It takes three rounds with the molds I have to make one 1' X 1' section of my Venice board. This will make two down and 7 to go ;) but only one more 6" X 1 foot section, left. I figured it out the other day, it will take a total of 1137 tiles of various sizes to make the 4' X 4' board. Does not include the walls of the canals...

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:37 am

Just got the daemons primed. The temp is dropping so figured I better get it done now.

I glued up a 1' X 1' and a 6" X 1' board sections for my Venice board with the tiles I got casted yesterday. Trying to cast up enough today for another 1X1 section. I have 7 to go, but all the other ground level sections are glued. Probably take me a couple of months to finish this up. Canals are about half way glued up.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:52 pm

Time to start a new thread. Will bring over the posts since the new year started. Hope this is a good year, like last. I got a lot done, but still a lot more to go.

Nappen

Re: Nappen's Weekly Paint 2015

Post by Nappen » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:36 pm

been very busy this week, but did prime some daemons.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:20 pm

Long week, so didn't get much done.

Did just lay the tiles on another 1x1 square for the Venice board. Been way to cold in the garage to cast.

Put down the first red coat on my blood letters. Daemons are about all I have primed right now.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:10 pm

here is today's progress on the bloodletters. Still early in the painting.

ImageImage

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:46 pm

Making me wanna do my own bloodletters and bloodcrushers!

Good work! :D
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:17 am

Thanks, I found an 11th that I picked up somewhere and it was Primed!

Started playing catch up with that one this morning.

Now I am just trying to figure out how I want to do the swords...

qwasiman
Silver Vault Member

Post by qwasiman » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:27 am

Looks like you got a nice start! That unit will look awesome once it´s done!

Return to “#theweeklypaint 2015”