Nexus' #theweeklypaint 2015

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Nexus_Crawler
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Nexus' #theweeklypaint 2015

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:51 am

Kovlovsky wrote:
Dez wrote:I've been seriously considering making a 30K Iron Warriors army...maybe I'll start with Iron Hands though. I already have Manus :)
Iron Warriors are awesome, but if you already got Manus, maybe you should start with them yea. :) I think the Iron Warriors are my third favorite legion after the Thousand Sons and the Alpha Legion. Iron Hands are my favorite loyalists I think.
What makes the iron hands your favourite? They always get pooped on in all the books I read.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--
--Connoisseur of fine Cheese--

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:18 am

The Iron Hands are my favorite Loyalists as well...and I'm not really sure why either. I think it's their obsession with machines and tech, cyborg bad mama-jamas shut yo mouth!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:41 pm

Nexus_Crawler wrote:
Kovlovsky wrote:
Dez wrote:I've been seriously considering making a 30K Iron Warriors army...maybe I'll start with Iron Hands though. I already have Manus :)
Iron Warriors are awesome, but if you already got Manus, maybe you should start with them yea. :) I think the Iron Warriors are my third favorite legion after the Thousand Sons and the Alpha Legion. Iron Hands are my favorite loyalists I think.
What makes the iron hands your favourite? They always get pooped on in all the books I read.
It's mostly because I like their look and gameplay style. I love their cybernetic parts and their colour scheme. My TS might be blue and gold, but also like more sober painting scheme like black and silver of the Iron Hands. Finally, their mechanised infantry gameplay appeal to me.

Formerly, the DA were my favorite loyalists because they look awesome with their hoods and their winged decorations, but I'm not as much interested in their fluff. They seem obsessed by fighting the daemons of their past instead of looking ahead to the future. It doesn't appeal to me as much. That and I'm not really a biker fan and while I see terminators as a necessary part of my forces, I'm not keen at making a terminator army either. Now, we'll see if their new codex allows for more interesting normal marines lists. It worked before, but they weren't the focus of the last codex.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Nexus_Crawler
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:29 pm

The past of the Dark Angels is holding them back for sure... However, the Lion is alive and well and Cypher likely has a huge part of the Star Child prophecy! Fluff wise, imagine what will happen to the dark angels when the Lion wakes and the emperor makes up his mind on the dead-alive thing.

The novels have not been great so far but I have faith in my little green men.

Gameplay wise; I love the idea of an all terminator list. I have all of the models needed to field a full deathwing force and I am itching to do it.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:45 am

okay.. we are all at the same stage now. almost complete.

--Necrons, Dark Angels--

rollplayinggamer
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by rollplayinggamer » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:45 am

That's some awesome edge highlighting. I like it on the red, Really makes it pop.
40k armies:
'Nids Hive Fleet Mantis 2000+ pts
Ork Goffs / Orks 1700+ pts
Ragnar Blackmane's Great Company 600+ pts

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:50 am

You paint really well. Your highlights are really sharp. BTW, I agree that the DA fluff has his own charm, with their mystery and gloomy behavior.

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:47 am

I have seen the terminator formation leaks... they are not that great. All of the terminator formations need to start in reserves and there is no more terminator alpha strike. boo.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:36 am

Love those Land Speeders :D
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

TheHoundmaster
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:12 pm

HHnnnnnnnnngh! I haven't looked around the board in a while but you speeders....oh those speeders...Just perfect, they look amazing!
The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:53 am

Well I got a bunch of marines base coated with the pre heresy colours I have been doing. I am on break now so I think that I will get my paint on more often.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:52 am

The summer break is here. Thank the gods.... I don't think I could have handled one more day in the school without going batty.

Expect an increase of painting
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:38 pm

So I am starting to shade these pre-heresy dark angels... yea. not as easy as I was hoping it would be. the colour transitions from the black always seem super stark when blending grey towards the edges of the armour. Green is so much easier.

--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:39 pm

oh - and sorry for the poor picture. I am working in my basement now since the school is closed and I have really poor light.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:41 pm

I can imagine the difficulty of the operation, but by judging what you've done before, I have faith that it will very nicely done. I'm eager to see the result.