Nexus' #theweeklypaint 2015

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Nexus' #theweeklypaint 2015

Post by Dez » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:56 am

Funny, I think I live in a small town and our population is 16k. I wonder how many people here are into GW games...
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:14 pm

Nexus_Crawler wrote:There were 5 tables and about 12 people. Casual games only but with set start times.

Really, this turnout is massive for our little community of 6 thousand people.
It's more people playing 40k than the usual number of people in my gaming store in Quebec city (around 516 000 people), so yes it's impressive.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Thalric
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Thalric » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:37 pm

Looks like a nice turnout! Did you get anyone hooked? :D

Nexus_Crawler
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:53 pm

To be fair, we had people coming from our surrounding satellite communities.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--
--Connoisseur of fine Cheese--

Nexus_Crawler
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:25 pm

Although we are the "big" community in the area.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:39 pm

Okay peoples! time for a breath of fresh air. Work has been eating my life these past few weeks and things are just coming up to a close. Hobby time will once again take its spot near the top of my priority list.... Behind sleep, food, and lady time. Heh.

I have got a few projects put together but I have not posted. I will try to get some pictures together.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:22 pm

Here is the front:

Here is the top:

Finally - Dark angels Adamantium Lance..
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:46 am

Excellent, I love the obvious Dark Angels/Deathwing/Ravenwing colours on them, perfect.

Now I have to sit here again muttering to myself, "I will not buy a knight, I will not buy a knight, I will not buy a knight...."
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:49 am

That's right! Don't buy a knight, buy 5.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:16 am

I'll eventually get one for my Tzeentch warband, just because. But that's a long way out.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:03 pm

I'm working on one now, hopefully get to it soon.

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:05 pm

The red black and white are going to be the colours for my pre heresy army. Dark Angels were too monochromatic for me so I needed to add I something else. That is why my Fellblade is in those colours too.

I am painting a rhino today that will hopefully work out
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Dez

Post by Dez » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:08 pm

Very cool I love the scheme

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:56 pm

those are gorgeous!!

*mutters* mustn't buy a knight *mutters*
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Thalric
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Thalric » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:14 pm

Those look really good and I like that you went with a different scheme on each Knight.
I can only agree to everyone else here. My urge to get myself a Knight is rising :D