Nexus' #theweeklypaint 2015

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Nexus_Crawler
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Nexus' #theweeklypaint 2015

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:20 pm

--Necrons, Dark Angels--
--Connoisseur of fine Cheese--

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:22 pm

Seems you've got a nice 30k Rhino from FW. So you went with a fluffy paint scheme for your 30k DA? I think a few months ago, you weren't sure about it. Nice job, the paintjob is very clean and elegant.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Nexus_Crawler
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:25 pm

Kovlovsky wrote:Seems you've got a nice 30k Rhino from FW. So you went with a fluffy paint scheme for your 30k DA? I think a few months ago, you weren't sure about it.
I was on the fence all right... I wanted to do the 30k green but then decided to do the black but add red to it in addition to white. Icons and decals will be white on this guy.

The black and white did did not look good.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:26 pm

Nexus_Crawler wrote:
Kovlovsky wrote:Seems you've got a nice 30k Rhino from FW. So you went with a fluffy paint scheme for your 30k DA? I think a few months ago, you weren't sure about it.
I was on the fence all right... I wanted to do the 30k green but then decided to do the black but add red to it in addition to white. Icons and decals will be white on this guy.

The black and white did did not look good.
Yes, a bit of colour gives charm to it. I like it, it's very elegant.

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:28 pm

goes with this guy:

--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:39 pm

nice!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:43 pm

The fellblade was done about a month ago. All of my 30k stuff will have that same feel. I was just putting it up for reference
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:44 pm

weathering.

--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:15 am

It's really awesome!

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:52 am

I really like the dust effect, it's pretty well done! Perhaps some chipping would have been a nice addition or some drybrushed light around the headlights.
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 1 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 2 Primaris Intercessor

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:16 am

I agree with everything LordMcAllister said.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:35 am

LordMcAllister wrote:I really like the dust effect, it's pretty well done! Perhaps some chipping would have been a nice addition or some drybrushed light around the headlights.

I tried to get those headlights... i tried so much. I just kept going back to black because it never looked right. Seriously, 4 attempts to get it. Maybe I need more practice? Or maybe some day somebody can show me a way to do it and I can try to emulate that process.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:35 am

base colours:

--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:42 am

point of note: A few weeks ago i dropped my three FW speeders on the concrete outside of my work. They smashed to pieces and I managed to lose some. This is one of those speeders after some TLC to get it all back together.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Return to “#theweeklypaint 2015”