Lookout Point GB LIX Complete

Atriark
MiniWarGaming Beginner
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Lookout Point GB LIX Complete

Post by Atriark » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:24 pm

I was going to sit this one out. I didn't have the supplies nor did I really have an idea of what to do. However, today I was able to pick up some of the foam board I left over at my parents' house and got an idea to use. Now let's hope I can finish it before the month is over.

Last edited by Atriark on Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Lookout Point

Post by wizardv12222 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:30 am

Good Luck!
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Check out my YouTube channel for battle reports, and painting videos!
http://www.youtube.com/user/wizardv12222?feature=mhee

Atriark
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Atriark » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:42 am

And here is a progress update. I didn't complete as much as I wanted to today, but it is turning out quite nicely. My 1 worry is that I don't have enough paint. Though that is probably something that will have to find out when it comes to that. And I apologize for the darkness of the pictures:

Atriark
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Atriark » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:30 am

Been working right down to the wire. I doubt I will complete it before the deadline, but darn it I'm gonna try to finish this darned hill. Not much work had been done on it on the 29, and the 30th was pretty meh, but here's what I have thus far

Thought it would be a good idea to put this on some kind of base. Unfortunately all I had big enough was a piece of ply wood, so now I have to gussy that up, but that's a project for /after/ the hill, and this group build.

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:40 am

Does your hill really require a base? It seems to be quite level... or do you use the base as a protection for the bottom?
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour
Shadespire: 2 Sepulchral Guard

Atriark
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Atriark » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:08 am

I didn't really need to mount it on a base, but it's just something I did. But here's the final(ish) product. The glue isn't finished drying, and I should have saved some time to go over the grit with paint, cause it looks ugly against the dark brown.

Bleh, that was a fun week of modeling. :roll:

Return to “Group Build 59”