[GB 56] Balangaz's unit display

balangaz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

[GB 56] Balangaz's unit display

Post by balangaz » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:25 pm

I've been thinking about this for quite some time but never had the proper incentive to build a display board because i'd have nowhere to put it, but the lack of space also gave me an idea. The only tournament in our country also has a painting contest which evaluates single model and/or units. So, if we are to display our chosen unit why not use a small portable and modular display board?

This is the overall view of the piece. It's not finished, still mising more rubble and sand but it's enough for me to post and make myself obliged to finish it. The rod on the lower right will be magnetized to become a giante Boss Pole.

The big empty space on the upper left is going to be either covered by a vehicle or by a watch tower (bad picture is bad). I still have to work on detailing a lot o it but it's more or less what I want it to be.

This is what the piece looks like with the tower. I'd use the tower if I'd like to display an infantry unit on multiple levels.

Oi, ya git! Get ya lazy arse roight into our Group Builds! Be da best Mek and loot all da pieces!

balangaz
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Re: [GB 56] Balangaz's unit display

Post by balangaz » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:12 pm

Worked a little more on the Ork totem, I'll have to get a couple of chains to wrap around it and it's done. It's magnetized so I can rotate, lean or just remove it if I need to claer some space.

Here are some ways on how I can use this display board.

A MSU of Mega Armoured Nobz

A 5 man unit of MANz

I had a pic of the % man with the Warboss but my cell ate it somehow...
Oi, ya git! Get ya lazy arse roight into our Group Builds! Be da best Mek and loot all da pieces!

balangaz

Re: [GB 56] Balangaz's unit display

Post by balangaz » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:29 am

I'm in the process of moving to my own place and all my paints are packed up. I'll have to finish this tomorrow after unpacking so I can. I managed to paint the earth because I the place where I bought the boxes also sold me some cheap crafts paint.

Return to “Group Build 56”