GB 56: Display Board

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

GB 56: Display Board

Post by Nappen » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:35 pm

Welcome to Group Build Number 56

This month's theme: Display Board

Lots of folks talking about all the painting contests and such coming up. So, this month's challenge is a display board for any size unit you want. Recommend Squad or regiment, but if you want to go for a whole army, then have at it!

If anyone has any questions; this is the place to ask!

Rules: PLEASE READ

1) Those who participate are expected to post progress reports of their build under their own topic heading (i.e. GBXIX:Blue’s Big Hill).
-Please format it like this. Place ‘GBXVIII:’ in the beginning of your subjects.
-Once completed you MUST edit the topics title to include the word “complete”. (i.e. GBXV:Blue’s Big Hill-Complete) This is done by editing the original posts subject.-Once completed I will usually choose 2 of the completed pictures from every build to be added to the voting thread, but the number of entries may enable more, or require less

2) Please don't post pictures of a piece of terrain that you have already built. The idea of this build is to make something new. Therefore you must post at least 2 pictures, one being a work in progress, one being a finished product. Play fair, don't cheat!

3) Entries must be completed by the deadline in order to qualify.

4) You can enter multiple times.
-please do a separate thread for each entry.

5) All participants that complete will get a campaign ribbon added to their sig.
-I will keep tabs on everyone who completes and deserves a ribbon/badge until the ribbons are issued.
-Only one completion each month goes towards ribbons, ie three completions in a month gets one ribbon, not three.

6) Builds must be painted to be eligible for voting.

7) HAVE FUN!
The build begins Now and finishes 7/31/14 11:59 PM CST. With voting the first week in August.

Follow-up thoughts:
It is recommended that you hold off on making a thread until you have some thing to show in it. (You can always do a sketch and post a picture of that)
Take some pictures of your build that you feel really show it off the best. It always helps to have a mini next to it for scale also.

Good luck everyone! GO!

…Nappen

IG_Guardsman
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Re: GB 56: Display Board

Post by IG_Guardsman » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:27 pm

I wish I had a complete army to display... :) sounds good, and there will be enough to "borrow" from, once I have something to display! :) Good luck to all!

Peregrin
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by Peregrin » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:11 am

Great idea.
I might have to wait until next month to join you guys again, though. I still have some personal 'projects' on the go, including a couple of armies to paint!
Website - The Display Case - http://minidisp.blogspot.ca

respect92
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by respect92 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:18 pm

So, since Im the only one that completed this GB how you gonna do?
Its not like Ive won since I got none to win over. If you understand how I mean?
Please nerf damage of GW-prized minis.
Best regards the Wallet

respect92
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by respect92 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:33 pm

Next GB[57] decided yet?
Best regards the Wallet

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:09 pm

respect92 wrote:So, since Im the only one that completed this GB how you gonna do?
Its not like Ive won since I got none to win over. If you understand how I mean?
Up to you we can declare you the winner or extend it a month

respect92

Post by respect92 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:43 am

Since I wanna start another piece of terrain but not one more display board, I would choose I won so we can start next GB :)
Best regards the Wallet

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:49 am

sounds good. I am blank on an idea. What do you want to do this month?

respect92

Post by respect92 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:00 am

For me it dosent matter.

One of the ones in "ideas for future grouo bulds"-thread maybe.
Best regards the Wallet

respect92

Post by respect92 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:27 am

What about:
FIRE

Aything related to fire, a burnt down house, a campfire or something completely different.. Except fire. Also extend it to cover both August and September since its starting so late in the month. What you say?
Best regards the Wallet

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:22 pm

Sounds good, and can be done quick, since I was so late!

Rough couple of weeks. I will get on it tonight.

Return to “Group Build 56”