23%
IG_Guardsman's Factory
23%
Nappen's Industrial Trash Barricades
8%

Total votes: 13

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

GB 54 Voting: Industrial Terrain

Post by Nappen » Sun May 04, 2014 7:28 am

Here they are. Vote for what you like and what meets the theme.

This month's theme was industrial.

Tinker’s Industrial Pipeline

Peregrin’s Industrial Office

IG_Guardsman’s Factory

Nappen’s Industrial Trash Barricades

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Peregrin
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

Re: GB 54 Voting: Industrial Terrain

Post by Peregrin » Sun May 04, 2014 3:25 pm

I'm legitimately haveing a hard time deciding (lol... no I don't vote for my own....)
Website - The Display Case - http://minidisp.blogspot.ca

tinker
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by tinker » Mon May 05, 2014 10:48 am

So glad I finally had a painted mini to add to the photos for scale! Painting minis is fun, but I still have a soft spot for terrain.

Entries look totally cool this go around. Too bad we can't all meet and have an awesome industrial game.

bugbait_nz
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by bugbait_nz » Wed May 07, 2014 3:14 am

Tinker's Pipeline - Great shape, steps are mini friendly, the 45 degree pipe join is well done. The weathering on the steps need to be carried to the hand rails and walkway edges, the ground looks like it needs a dark wash and a lighter dry brush to add depth IMHO.
It will look nice when its finished!

Peregrin's Industrial Office - looks very playable, lots of cover, detail like the ladder is important if you are like me and cant pass a physical roll to climb! window design is a nice feature and you should use this for the next few projects to theme them together, not sure if the brick water tower fits the style of the building?

IG_Guardsman's Factory - This is what Industrial terrain is all about!! great design! every angle has something interesting to look at. Wooden pallet was worth the effort! Recommend painting the cut edges of the warning signs the same colour as the sign (or black if they have black edges) that way it does not look like it was cut from card. Please have a play with washes, a dark green/brown wash would dirty this up nicely, sometimes it takes a few washes to get the depth of grime that you need.
What are the pipe joins? they look so familiar, that is what I have been missing on my pipes!!

Nappen's Industrial Trash Barricades - nice looking barricades but Im put off by the nice square bases it mounted on, a random edge might have looked better?

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Wed May 07, 2014 7:36 am

Agree with all your comments.

Agree 1000% on the square edges. It was pure lazyness, nothing else. I recognized it, but had so much going on with work, I just didn't get to changing it.

IG_Guardsman
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by IG_Guardsman » Wed May 07, 2014 4:48 pm

Thanks for the comments bugbait_nz - point taken on the signs, as for the washes - I was worried not to cover the paint completely as I felt kind of carried away when applying the rust effect. The pipe joints are made completely out of card and a puncher, I'll snap a picture of the unpainted ones I have left. A detail that covered the joint between the straws I used for pipes and the bent pieces for the corners, and looks like the real pipe flange.

IG_Guardsman
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by IG_Guardsman » Fri May 09, 2014 1:14 pm

Here is what I used for the bent pieces - after some brooding and wondering how to avoid using the bent part of the straws ( don't like it much, but it's much easier and saves time to use it, though) I accidentally came upon some cable and it hit me!

The core of that cable is made out of white teflon ( correct me if I'm wrong ) and the copper wire will hold it in the shape I want and it fits in a straw!

And here is the flange made out of cardboard discs separated by 2mm "rivets" - 4 on the inside, just to give the spacing, and 6 on the outside to represent the nuts and the bolts.

It is somewhat time consuming, but it's totally worth it :) And it hides the place where the straw and the cable thingie meet -some PVA to hold it all in place and voila!

Peregrin
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by Peregrin » Fri May 09, 2014 1:48 pm

"The insulator surrounding the inner conductor may be solid plastic, a foam plastic, or air with spacers supporting the inner wire. The properties of dielectric control some electrical properties of the cable. A common choice is a solid polyethylene (PE) insulator, used in lower-loss cables. Solid Teflon (PTFE) is also used as an insulator."

bugbait_nz
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by bugbait_nz » Fri May 09, 2014 6:29 pm

Thanks IG, going to have to try that on my next pipe!
I usually rust things up after the dirt wash.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun May 18, 2014 8:57 am

And the winner is: Tinker's Pipeline!

IG_Guardsman
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by IG_Guardsman » Sun May 18, 2014 1:43 pm

Congratulations Tinker!

Peregrin
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Peregrin » Tue May 20, 2014 8:47 am

Grats Tinker!

tinker
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by tinker » Tue May 27, 2014 9:30 am

Thanks guys! I wish I had more time to make something for the "Small Fry" GB.

Return to “Group Build 54”