GB54 : Factory 01 - Completed

IG_Guardsman
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

GB54 : Factory 01 - Completed

Post by IG_Guardsman » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:02 am

Here is what I did so far... not much, but it's a start. I plan on adding details and some extras... and as Tinker said- rivets! I think that will be the biggest head ( hand ) ache of all - cutting and gluing all those little details, but that's what will make it look better.

I was wondering about the colour of a regular W40K factory building - is it greyish-black, as most burnt down buildings in war-torn worlds of the Emperor, or it won't look that out of place if it's a different colour scheme?
Last edited by IG_Guardsman on Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tinker
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: GB54 : Factory 01

Post by tinker » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:58 pm

I would use some color on this. I have had good luck with yellow, blue and green. You can always mute or tone them way down with weathering pigments or washes. I have not had good luck with red when I chip the paint with rust effects under the chipped paint. The rust effects seem to get lost in the red paint after I weather the surface.

IG_Guardsman
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by IG_Guardsman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:19 am

Here is an update - it takes much longer than expected and planned, but... that's life :)

What comes next and hopefully on time - to place the window, to add some rust and weathering and to complete the concrete around the place.

IG_Guardsman
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by IG_Guardsman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:31 pm

What's done is done! Whoever said that progress is slow process... was talking about me :) Many new things tried for the first time in this build, and I'm happy with how most of the things came out in the end.

Comments are welcome!

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: GB54 : Factory 01 - Completed

Post by Nappen » Sun May 04, 2014 7:29 am

Love the bottle cap barrels.

Looks good, like the weathering.

Peregrin
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by Peregrin » Sun May 04, 2014 3:23 pm

Yup.... and I like the propane tank.
Website - The Display Case - http://minidisp.blogspot.ca

IG_Guardsman
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by IG_Guardsman » Sun May 04, 2014 4:53 pm

Thanks guys! I'm learning from the best :)

Return to “Group Build 54”