Paintball sometime this Summer

Vache Glace
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Paintball sometime this Summer

Post by Vache Glace » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:48 am

Not to beat a dead horse, but I think paintball would be fun again one time this summer (minus the paint eating).

Badger
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: Paintball sometime this Summer

Post by Badger » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:12 am

Airsoft is getting hugely popular down here in the region now and they're starting to get rentals at the local fields. I never did paintball, but the airsoft rentals sounds cheaper than I'd figure paintball to be, I know we've got a couple airsofters at the club too!

I don't really have any say in whether it happens again or not, but it might be a better route to go if we were to do it, especially since you get to avoid the aggravation of getting paint all over you lol.
"Men follow courage, not treachery."

Celedor
Gold Vault Member

Post by Celedor » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:17 am

Personally, I prefer water balloons.

fluffyfen
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by fluffyfen » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:54 am

well ive done both.

airsoft was fun because you got to carry around alot more ammo and shoot buttloads with out getting "out" since nobody could tell if you were actually hit.

what ive seen airsoft players do is take it to a roleplaying level XD
for example if someone gets shot in a non critical area ( leg arm etc) the medic could bring you back up. otherwise you have to lie there as a corpse for the remainder of the round

i personally like the idea of splattering paint on people becuase its fun to later on see where people have been hit and such

and idk i prefer getting hit by a paintball because it stings but then becomes a dull ache while airsoft is a constant sting. also some people (like me) get the idea that eye protection is all thats needed. i have a chipped tooth because an airsoft round made it into my mouth XD
Bromanced to my Brosband - BewareOfTom

Pen gun, mightier than the sword. Sword gun, mightier than the pen gun.

Badger
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Badger » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:15 pm

Celedor wrote:Personally, I prefer water balloons.
A huge water balloon battle would be awesome!
"Men follow courage, not treachery."