Dwarf Throng

farmer
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: Dwarf Throng

Postby farmer » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:16 pm

If you haven't already got a battle lined up, jtrees, I'll bring 1000 pts of Orcs/Goblins or Empire - take your pick.

By the way, I finished painting my Empire steam tank, so I'll bring it along for show and tell. Its awesome!

And I picked up a Skarsnik and Gobbla model to use as a Lord choice for an all night goblin army. I have a couple more night goblin units to paint and then I'll be able to field a 2000 pt army of mostly night goblins with some war machines and a giant for back-up. That would be a perfect thematic match for your dwarves later this summer (I could lend you a unit or two of dwarves to make up the extra 800 or so points if you don't have enough painted by then). We could have a real Skull Pass mega-battle, with your fine terrain piece providing the perfect backdrop!

Cheers,
Farmer

Fireman Tim
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #2Group Build Badge #4Group Build Badge #5

Postby Fireman Tim » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:00 pm

Any room for a Bretonnian army at Skull pass? Cuz the forsaken Duke of Mousillon will need gold if he is going to take on the King and claim the throne for himself. :wink:
"Kneel before Zod!"

farmer
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Postby farmer » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:41 pm

as long as I get to fly the gyrocopter around

As long as the pilot flies in a dignified manner as befits a dwarf and keeps the giggling to a minimum.

Purely as a matter of theme I wonder what happens when a goblin launched from the doom diver meets the gyrocopter in mid air...

More on the matter of theme, Dwarfs are great drinkers of ale. I could definitely see a Dwarf fortifying himself with some of Bugman's finest before venturing to lift his rickety contraption aloft (no offense to the fine engineers who constructed it). I wonder whether ale and gyrocopters mix well...

Fireman Tim, I think a skull pass mega-battle will be saved til later this summer. I'll need a bit of time to get all the painting done. For some reason the challenge of fighting with a horde of troops with leadership 5 appeals to me. There has to be a way to make it work. In typical night goblin fashion it will have to be something sneaky, underhanded, devious and unexpected. As to who plays whom, the greenskins don't care who they fight or when or where or how many, though the night goblins do actually prefer to fight where its dark and against fewer and smaller creatures, preferably ones what 'ave already been thumped a few times by some bigger greenskins or mauled by a herd or two of cave squigs. Perhaps we might see an alliance of Bretonnians and Dwarfs trying to oust Skarsnik and his pals from Skull Pass.

Cheers,
Farmer

Machinehead
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Postby Machinehead » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:02 pm

well if its later this summer some gold and meat could get your goblins some much bigger allies

farmer
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Postby farmer » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:17 pm

well if its later this summer some gold and meat could get your goblins some much bigger allie

Well, now. The night goblins are always happy to let bigger, nobler and ferocious-er creatures lead the way into battle and happy to sneak away with the loot afterwards, too. Of course, if cornered, we were just, er, keeping it all safe. And we were right behind you too when the fighting started. Really. That was a different tribe watching from behind those big rocks.

Machinehead
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Postby Machinehead » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:06 pm

Goblins, betcha can't eat just one when they don't pay up :twisted:

Greywolf
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #2Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Greywolf » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:57 am

You guys have to promise to do up a battle report on this for those of us not lucky enough to live near you guys!! This sounds as if it is going to be one battle royale!!!! :twisted:
https://www.facebook.com/gearsandgutsgamingclub
Gears and Guts Gaming Club
Gaming in Sanford, NC

Stephen

Postby Stephen » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:30 am

I second greywolfs notion! A vid would be awesome but if that's not possible, corresponding pictures w/ the battle report would be much apreciated.
Sernpidal 25 ABY
Never Forget

Fireman Tim
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #2Group Build Badge #4Group Build Badge #5

Postby Fireman Tim » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:45 pm

I have to ask, what is the armour save of a Dwarf Thong anyway???
"Kneel before Zod!"

Greywolf
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #2Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Greywolf » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:58 pm

Well better than the slayers anyway, who all seem to go commando!! :twisted:
Gaming in Sanford, NC

Fireman Tim

Postby Fireman Tim » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:53 pm

I think a Mithril Thong would give atleast a 3+ save. Now a Mithril Tankini, that would be a 2+.
"Kneel before Zod!"

Fireman Tim

Postby Fireman Tim » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:54 pm

I saw the Dwarf Thong. It was worn by a Dragon Slayer. Now my eyes won't stop burning. :shock:
"Kneel before Zod!"

Greywolf

Postby Greywolf » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:25 am

I tried to warn you about the Slayers Tim!! :twisted:
Gaming in Sanford, NC

Greywolf

Postby Greywolf » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:33 pm

How could you Dwarf moon Tim like that jtrees!?!?! :twisted:
Gaming in Sanford, NC

Fireman Tim

Postby Fireman Tim » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:44 pm

Wow. I had no idea Dwarves shaved their butt. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Kneel before Zod!"

Return to “Welland Wargaming Club”