It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dwarf Throng
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:16 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

If you haven't already got a battle lined up, jtrees, I'll bring 1000 pts of Orcs/Goblins or Empire - take your pick.

By the way, I finished painting my Empire steam tank, so I'll bring it along for show and tell. Its awesome!

And I picked up a Skarsnik and Gobbla model to use as a Lord choice for an all night goblin army. I have a couple more night goblin units to paint and then I'll be able to field a 2000 pt army of mostly night goblins with some war machines and a giant for back-up. That would be a perfect thematic match for your dwarves later this summer (I could lend you a unit or two of dwarves to make up the extra 800 or so points if you don't have enough painted by then). We could have a real Skull Pass mega-battle, with your fine terrain piece providing the perfect backdrop!

Cheers,
Farmer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:00 pm 
MWG Fanatic

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #2Group Build Badge #4Group Build Badge #5
Any room for a Bretonnian army at Skull pass? Cuz the forsaken Duke of Mousillon will need gold if he is going to take on the King and claim the throne for himself. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:41 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Quote:
as long as I get to fly the gyrocopter around

As long as the pilot flies in a dignified manner as befits a dwarf and keeps the giggling to a minimum.

Purely as a matter of theme I wonder what happens when a goblin launched from the doom diver meets the gyrocopter in mid air...

More on the matter of theme, Dwarfs are great drinkers of ale. I could definitely see a Dwarf fortifying himself with some of Bugman's finest before venturing to lift his rickety contraption aloft (no offense to the fine engineers who constructed it). I wonder whether ale and gyrocopters mix well...

Fireman Tim, I think a skull pass mega-battle will be saved til later this summer. I'll need a bit of time to get all the painting done. For some reason the challenge of fighting with a horde of troops with leadership 5 appeals to me. There has to be a way to make it work. In typical night goblin fashion it will have to be something sneaky, underhanded, devious and unexpected. As to who plays whom, the greenskins don't care who they fight or when or where or how many, though the night goblins do actually prefer to fight where its dark and against fewer and smaller creatures, preferably ones what 'ave already been thumped a few times by some bigger greenskins or mauled by a herd or two of cave squigs. Perhaps we might see an alliance of Bretonnians and Dwarfs trying to oust Skarsnik and his pals from Skull Pass.

Cheers,
Farmer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:02 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge
well if its later this summer some gold and meat could get your goblins some much bigger allies

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:17 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Quote:
well if its later this summer some gold and meat could get your goblins some much bigger allie

Well, now. The night goblins are always happy to let bigger, nobler and ferocious-er creatures lead the way into battle and happy to sneak away with the loot afterwards, too. Of course, if cornered, we were just, er, keeping it all safe. And we were right behind you too when the fighting started. Really. That was a different tribe watching from behind those big rocks.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:06 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge
Goblins, betcha can't eat just one when they don't pay up :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:57 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #2Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
You guys have to promise to do up a battle report on this for those of us not lucky enough to live near you guys!! This sounds as if it is going to be one battle royale!!!! :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:30 am 

I second greywolfs notion! A vid would be awesome but if that's not possible, corresponding pictures w/ the battle report would be much apreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:45 pm 
MWG Fanatic

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #2Group Build Badge #4Group Build Badge #5
I have to ask, what is the armour save of a Dwarf Thong anyway???

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:58 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #2Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Well better than the slayers anyway, who all seem to go commando!! :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:53 pm 
MWG Fanatic

I think a Mithril Thong would give atleast a 3+ save. Now a Mithril Tankini, that would be a 2+.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:54 pm 
MWG Fanatic

I saw the Dwarf Thong. It was worn by a Dragon Slayer. Now my eyes won't stop burning. :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:25 am 

I tried to warn you about the Slayers Tim!! :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:33 pm 

How could you Dwarf moon Tim like that jtrees!?!?! :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:44 pm 
MWG Fanatic

Wow. I had no idea Dwarves shaved their butt. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next