It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:14 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Noon showdown at MWG. Two fully painted 50point forces including the new BEs, may the best Troll win.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:08 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Heres a few pics I took of the mighty battle engines.

The Protectorate of Menoth's Vessel of Judgement all lined up and ready for war.

The Trollkin War Wagon

A close up as the lighting wasn't quite as good as on Dave's side of the table.

Nice job Dave! It was a really fun game and I think I'll be using my Battle engine more often.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:53 pm 
MWG Fanatic

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries
Jinkies!!!!! Awesome! I really want my cryx one now!

Sooooooooooooooooo, who won!!!!!????

Pretty awesome, all painted, all lined up!

Hordes: Skorne = 100
All 100% Painted

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:49 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Protectorate squeezed out the win but the Trolls had the Protectorate warcaster (Testament) on the ropes and almost managed to take him down, a better roll for damage or two and it would have been over. It was a close one.

Strangely both Battle Engines survived the whole game with minimal damage.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:04 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Thanks for posting these Craig!

Yes it was a fun game. Menoth steam rolled my Trolls!

I planned to tie up his expensive Vengers with my cheap mob of Burrowers. But Dirge of Mists and Ashen Veil had Vengers at DEF 15 and terror lead to 4 failed burrower command checks that game. Just wanting to tie him up at the least, Essence of Dust freed up all those cavalry models who took out some key pieces with some devastating charges (loosing the EB this way hurt!). These guys really had MVP in the game imo.

My long riders made short work of the zealots with impacts and charges and put some hurt on the Reckoner. But Avatar, Reckoner, and the BE retaliated in a bad way next turn. Horthol put some hurt on the Battle Engine, but that thing is a beast (which can also be repaired!).

Running out of options and sorely missing a lot of my hitting power at this point, I had to try and pump enough ranged damage on the High Reclaimer to kill him, as retaliation next turn was sure to be swift and deadly. At this point Jarl moved up into an exposed position and along with the War Wagon attempted to finish the job, but were unsuccessful.

Avatar proceeded to easily finish off Jarl next turn.

The Menoth War Wagon is impressive. The ability to return a model to life and allow a full advance and attack let one zealot come back and blow away a few Burrowers-good stuff. Also, the ability to boost hit and damage rolls for a box is awwwesome!

My War Wagon took out some choir with the huge templates, but overall I don't think I used it to it's full effectiveness. 10" bubble of immunity to knockdown also greatly reduced the effectiveness of my Wagon.

Fun game! I reeeeally have to watch out for that feat next time. I had played him once before, but had since forgotten it. Those Vengers left me with a reminder that wont soon be forgotten :P

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]