Journeyman is making an appearance @ MWG!

LOLM4RX
Press Ganger

Journeyman is making an appearance @ MWG!

Post by LOLM4RX » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:31 pm

Greeting Partons of MWG.

This is Boots! (yes, I'm posting under my old name).

I'm happy to announce that Journeyman league is coming MWG starting on the 18th of January.

What is Journeyman you ask?

Journeyman is a slow grow league that is sponsored by Privateer Press. By participating in this 9 week long event you start off with a league patch that you will get more pieces to by participating.

Image here's a picture of it.

Basically by joining in, you start off with the centre piece and as you play you get more and more chevrons. The ones on the top are awarded for people who accumulate the most hobby points, the most game points and the winner overall. I'll be around on the 18th to show it off. :D

Here's a link to the rules document. There are a couple notable changes.

(http://privateerpress.com/files/CompleteJourneyman.pdf)

I will be extending the play periods of week: 2,4,6 to an extra week, so as opposed to 6 weeks it will be 9 and more notably. People will be able to build their own battleboxes.

There's a few rules around it. All battleboxes: (as in week 1) must be mangled metal (all jacks or beasts), have no characters (aside from your Warcaster/Lock) and can be no more than 12 points (including wj/wb points). Caveat Emptor though, once you lock in you will not be able to switch things around until week 4, whereas you can change your Warcaster/Lock.

(STICKY WOULD ALSO BE AWESOME).
Mulg for President, errr, sorry. Prime Minister.

sonofkitrinos
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Re: Journeyman is making an appearance @ MWG!

Post by sonofkitrinos » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:48 pm

Awesome. How do I sign up and what is the commitments involved? Is there a cost? A prize outside of badges? I'm really keen on this but would de like more information
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrHghowell?feature=mhee
Commissions : http://www.hghowel8.wix.com/amethysthobbies
Interested in commission work? Fire me a pm!

Celedor
Gold Vault Member

Post by Celedor » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:50 am

I am sooooo pumped for this! Everyone else I talked to is too.

Sonofkit:
- commitment of a few games a week (maybe one weeknight) and the time to paint.
- cost of new unpainted models, if you don't already possess some.
- prizes outside of badges are honour, pride, and the blood of your fallen opponents.

What else do you need to know? :)

I hope you join us. Do it!

sonofkitrinos
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by sonofkitrinos » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:26 am

chances are I will.

Right now it is looking like thursdays will be my days of coming in.

Will I need to have my faction painted prior to playing the games? Or can it be done at the the store/day of etc etc.

sonofkitrinos

Post by sonofkitrinos » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:47 am

sorry for double post, but what will the restrictions be for the menoth 2 player battle box set?

the .pdf file says kreoss and the three jacks constitute for an alternative, but with the 12pt restriction this wouldn't be the case.

Craaag
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Craaag » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:40 pm

I believe they are a legal Battle box alternative despite the points.

sonofkitrinos

Post by sonofkitrinos » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:19 pm

yeah they are ... the .pdf says so, however I just want to make sure or know what to do with the PG's plans for this journeyman

Celedor
Gold Vault Member

Post by Celedor » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:50 pm

I'm guessing that if it is listed as an alternative battlebox equivalent, it will be okidoke.

Phury
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Phury » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:27 pm

I am very interested in doing this event. It sounds really interesting. It would help me get some models painted :D I did have one small concern though...

The rules say that a player can paint any number of models from the faction they choose, even if they don't field them in a game, in order to earn hobby points. Do some people go crazy on this and just paint TONS of stuff? I don't think I would have enough time for that with school and such but I would hate to have no chance on the hobby point aspect before I even start.

Also, when moving to 15, 25, and 35 points it says you must have battlebox set contents. Does that mean all 12 original points must be included in the new lists or is just a portion of it is ok like the caster and one of the jack choices?

Celedor
Gold Vault Member

Post by Celedor » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:11 pm

I know of at least one person participating that isn't even going to bother painting. It's more about what you want to achieve. I will be painting my 35 points, plus maybe ~5 additional points in solo's I'm switching out to at 35.

Maintaining original battlegroup throughout means exactly what it says. Choose carefully! :)

Hope you join! The more the merrier!

Badger
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Badger » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:46 pm

I'll definitely be playing, but everything I have so far is already painted or almost done being painted lol.

Sidebar: I'm planning on using a Lancer in my list, but I only have the unit card for the old rules until PP gets around to filling my missing parts requisition. Any chance I can borrow a Lancer card off someone for this week?
"Men follow courage, not treachery."

Celedor
Gold Vault Member

Post by Celedor » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:45 pm

Awesome turnout, great matches, lots of laughs, and some tears made for a great start to the Journeyman league tonight!

mmchugh
Gold Vault Member

Post by mmchugh » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:27 am

Last night was a ton of fun!

Let's hope the attendance keeps up! We almost ran out of tables. Anyone thinking of coming to join in should just do it.