It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:08 pm 
MWG Fanatic

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #2Group Build Badge #4Group Build Badge #5
Ok adventurers. I had to take the summer off to recharge and spend some time in my other hobby (RC Tanks).

D&D will begin on Thursday Sept 8/11 at 6pm.

September Dates:

Thursday Sept 8
Thursday Sept 15
Thursday Sept 22
Thursday Sept 29

I will be running a new format that will allow players some different options:

1) I will be creating some pre-made Characters to play in this Campaign. You can choose from any of them and customize them to some extent.

2) Micro Adventures will last 2 weeks. You may switch to a different Character after each micro adventure if you wish. After 5 Micro Adventures, I will level up the pre-made Characters.

3) 5 players. No more. I can't handle more than 5. Preference will be given to players from the old group.

Ok, here is some Background Info:

Setting:
We will continue in the Nentir Vale, 100 years after the last Adventure. You will once again be based out of Fallcrest, but the land has changed a lot since you last adventured there.

Plot:
The land has grown colder since IceFang established her rule over the land. The growing season is shorter and monsters roam the lands at will. The Steward of Fallcrest Lord Kaldorn, in an attempt to free the land of evil, is hiring mercenaries and treasure hunters.

Rumours Info:
-A Mercenary army has been spotted roaming the Harkenwold. They wear the symbol of an Iron Circle.
-A clan of Goblins known as the Daggerburg Clan, roam the Witchlight Fens to the south of Fallcrest, preying on any travelers.
-There are Rumors that heir to the kingdom of Nerath has been found in the Gray Downs.
-A great and powerful Undead Lich has grown to power at Gradmore Abbey.
-40 years ago, a great battle was fought at the top of Thunderspire Mountain. It is said that a powerful Wizard battled IceFang to a stalemate. The resulting battle sealed the mountain in Ice, and brought cold on the land.

I'll post a list of pre-made Characters very, very soon (I'll take into account the previous ones you requested).

PM me you intentions to join.

Tim

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:47 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Hey Tim! I'll join ya again :mrgreen: though Id like it if you could make Bunkar again! By any chance did you get him from the movie Willow? I was watching it at Cams house yesterday and we coulda swore the "best warrior in the village" was named Bunkar!

4000pts of Empire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:27 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

I am in too, got goosebumps reading the backstory. I assume Ryan will be there too. Can not wait.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:39 pm 
MWG Fanatic

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #2Group Build Badge #4Group Build Badge #5
I have rethought my idea of pregenerated characters and went with your ideas.
Ryan,

I have 2 Dwarf characters made. One is a Ranger that fights with 2 axes, the other is a savage barbarian. Either one could be Bunkar's grandson. And yes, I got the name Bunkar from Willow. Best warrior in the village indeed. Let me know which on you like. Either one is a striker.

Doug,

I made an Eladrin Avenger, Kaladrin the forsaken son of Kaladorn. He is also a striker

Marty,

I have your Doppelganger Bard. I am not so sure about this character as he seems rather powerful to me. Perhaps I need to give him a dark secret or some unkown hinderance. He is a leader.

Ryan M and Tanisha, I need you to select a different Character class and race. I have the free version of the Character builder so some of the classes seen in PHB 3 are not in it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:53 pm 
MWG Fanatic

To build on my new D&D concept. I want the game to be more treasure hunting and less of an epic campaign with interwoven plot threads. There will be some ongoing plot with some regular villians, but expect more Dungeon Delving.

Think D&D with an Indiana Jones Twist.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:21 pm 
Gold Vault Member

I think the savage barbarian might fit better (not sure exactly what a ranger is) Bunkar loved sprinting head on into combat to make things go squish :mrgreen:

4000pts of Empire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:17 am 
MWG Fanatic

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries
Sorry to butt in here, but I must HIGH FIVE TIM!!! Gooooo Willow!!! I laughed so hard when I saw that, I kinda grew up on Willow, so im suprised it went over my head. Have fun guys looks like a cool campaign.

Hordes: Skorne = 100
All 100% Painted

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:14 am 
MWG Fanatic

Actually, according to Wikipedia, the characters name is Vohnkar, but Bunkar sounds better.

High Aldwin - "Who will help him on his journey?"

Vohnkar - "I'll go!"

Crowd - "Vohnkar! Vohnkar! Vohnkar!"

Burglekutt - "Not Vohnkar! He's the best warrior in the villiage. We need him here! Vohnkar, step back!"

High Aldwin - "All this expedition needs is a leader, and according to the bones, that leader is you... Burglekutt."

Burglekutt - "VOHNKAR!!!"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:53 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Lol! So Vohnkar is going to be the son of Bunkar then! :mrgreen:

4000pts of Empire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:10 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Fireman Tim wrote:
Marty,

I have your Doppelganger Bard. I am not so sure about this character as he seems rather powerful to me. Perhaps I need to give him a dark secret or some unkown hinderance. He is a leader.

If you would prefer, I could remake the character with a horrible bluff skill, that way the shapeshifting won't be very effective. But the dark secret thing sounds pretty cool.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:34 pm 
MWG Fanatic

Vohnkar!!!

Marty, I will think something up. Perhaps I will make it so your Bard sings off key.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:47 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Woot Woot! Time To Own some face and tie 5 feet more than i need on ropes before leaping off of cliffs! :twisted: Gota honor the fathe right? :mrgreen: Also, can he have inherited the bottle of Dwarf Spice? :mrgreen:

4000pts of Empire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:10 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

I will let Ryan ( my ryan ) know what's up so he can contact you Tim, although he said he sent you some ideas before.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:20 am 
MWG Fanatic

I spoke with Tanisha and she is looking at a Sorcerer or a Shaman.

I got Ryan's previous ideas and I can't use them. I am using the older version of Character Creator which only has PHB1 and 2 Clasess/races in it. The party could use a defender.

I think a Shifter/Warden would be really cool aka Wolverine like Character.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:06 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

I will pass this on to him.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next