Beat Matt Batrep Season 2 - Win up to $100 in prizes...

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Beat Matt Batrep Season 2 - Win up to $100 in prizes...

Post by miniwargaming » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:49 pm

It's time for Season 2 of Beat Matt Batrep!

So, what's so much better about Season 2? Basically I feel we have done enough normal 40k games of Tyranids vs something else with normal scenarios, so I want to start doing something different.

Here is what I am looking for:

1. Best of 3 matches of Warmachine/Hordes ($100 in prizes).

You come in for a day and play up to three games of Warmachine/Hordes.

2. More Warhammer Fantasy ($50 in prizes).

These will still mostly be normal scenarios as we barely did any in Season 1.

3. Special scenario Warhammer 40k games ($50 in prizes).

I will be playing more than just Tyranids, including Space Wolves, Eldar, Blood Angels, Orks and maybe even regular Space Marines.

As for scenarios, we will either play Planetstrike, or something from the Battle Missions book.

Requirements

1. You must have a fully painted army. It doesn't have to be well painted, just fully painted.

2. Proxying must be kept to a minimum. Some is allowed, but not too much.

Time Slots

The best time for me is during the day (9-5), Monday to Friday, but I will be opening some Tuesday night slots. Saturdays will never work.

If you want to play the best of 3 match of Warmachine/Hordes, you need to be able to come in for a full day.

Prizes

The #2 and #3 games have a $50 prize bag, which includes magnets, green stuff, and DVDs.

The #1 Best of 3 match has a $100 prize bag, which includes the $50 prize bag, and even more stuff.

How to Challenge Matthew

You can either reply here or email me at matthew@miniwargaming.com. Tell me what you have, how many points you have painted, and when you want to play. If you are playing 40k, then please also tell me how many of each force organization slot you have (i.e. HQ, Troops, Elites, etc.), even if you have more than the normal allowance.

Any replies here that are not challenges or questions regarding Beat Matt Batrep will be deleted (e.g. comments such as "I wish I lived close enough").

Let the challenging begin!

Laughterofgods
MiniWarGaming Regular

Re: Beat Matt Batrep Season 2 - Win up to $100 in prizes...

Post by Laughterofgods » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:12 pm

Challenge!

Now that that is out of the way. 40k. I'd want to bring Orks. All painted would not be a problem. I can max out every force org. slot, so whatever weird restrictions you are thinking about would not cause me a problem, and 9-5 could work for me.

ryank
MiniWarGaming Beginner
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Post by ryank » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:30 pm

Planetstrike or something from the Battle Missions book works for me. Have both books and just need you the host to decide what book and scenerio will be used.

How many points you have painted: up to 2000 points of Tyranids currently (maybe more by the 29th)

How many of each force organization slot you have: 2 HQ, 6 Troops, 3 Fast Attack, 3 Elite, 3 Heavy Support

Date of possible game: December 29th any time

SatireSphere
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by SatireSphere » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:40 am

I'll sign up for the best of 3 WM/H game. Does Friday, September 16th work for you?

Also, could you clarify the prize support? It says that the #2 and #3 games gets a $50 prize, the #1 game gets a $100 prize. Does that imply that the first game in the series has the $100 prize, or the "best" game has the prize?

Also, how would the format work? Would you like to do an escalation game, perhaps 25 points, 35 points, then 50 points? If not, can I use a variety of lists/factions between games?

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:43 am

Laughterofgods wrote:Now that that is out of the way. 40k. I'd want to bring Orks. All painted would not be a problem. I can max out every force org. slot, so whatever weird restrictions you are thinking about would not cause me a problem, and 9-5 could work for me.
What date?
ryank wrote:Date of possible game: December 29th any time
Let's plan for that, but challenge me again early in December so we can see where we are at. I'm not sure what is going on with vacations and family time at that point yet.
SatireSphere wrote:I'll sign up for the best of 3 WM/H game. Does Friday, September 16th work for you?

Also, could you clarify the prize support? It says that the #2 and #3 games gets a $50 prize, the #1 game gets a $100 prize. Does that imply that the first game in the series has the $100 prize, or the "best" game has the prize?

Also, how would the format work? Would you like to do an escalation game, perhaps 25 points, 35 points, then 50 points? If not, can I use a variety of lists/factions between games?
September 16th is great, as long as you can play during the day and not in the evening.

The $100 prize is if you win the Best of 3 games (i.e. you win 2 out of 3 of the games).

It will be with 35 points, but the list can change between games (even factions if you want).

What time can you come in? I would prefer 9:30am.

Laughterofgods
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Laughterofgods » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:02 pm

You asked what date, anything in mid to late September should work as long as it is Wednesday-Friday. If I had to arbitrarily pick a date I would pick September 22nd.

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:05 pm

Let's say the 22nd at 1pm.

Do you have more than 3 Fast Attack, Elites, or Heavy Support?

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:08 pm

ryank wrote:How many of each force organization slot you have: 2 HQ, 6 Troops, 3 Fast Attack, 3 Elite, 3 Heavy Support
Oh, and is that all the slots you could fill, or could you fill more if there wasn't a restriction?

Las
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Las » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:37 pm

No FoW? :(
Paint or Die

Laughterofgods
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Laughterofgods » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:46 pm

miniwargaming wrote:Let's say the 22nd at 1pm.

Do you have more than 3 Fast Attack, Elites, or Heavy Support?
Ok, Thursday September 22nd at 1pm. You are entered into my calendar. Yes, I do have more than 3 of each of those. Strategy might get thrown out the window a little bit, but I could easily fill more than 3 of each slot if need be. Assume I could do 6 of each, though I might not want to so.

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:57 pm

Las wrote:No FoW? :(
Nope.

@Laughterofgods:

Excellent. Let's do a Planetstrike game of 2000 points.

Do you want to be the attacker (up to 6 Fast Attack and 6 Elite choices) or defender (up to 8 Troops and 6 Heavy Support)?

I'm not sure what I'll be playing - probably Tyranids.

Laughterofgods
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Laughterofgods » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:40 pm

Planetstrike Game, huh? I've never played it before, but I did just spend the last 20 minutes glancing at the rules. I'll let you pick the conditions. Just let me know if I am the attacker or the defender, how many objectives there will be, and if you folks have the types of buildlings the rulebook talks about. Oh, and stratagem points as well I guess.

SweetJ
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by SweetJ » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:54 pm

Just wondering, are there still "thanks for coming" prizes if we lose? If so, is the prize for the "best of 3" Warmachine larger than the other two?

-J

SatireSphere
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by SatireSphere » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:12 pm

I'll get back to you on the exact time, but that sounds pretty good, Matt. I'm definitely going to switch it up from the last time we played. I'll bring 1 Merc list, and two Circle lists.

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:14 pm

SweetJ wrote:Just wondering, are there still "thanks for coming" prizes if we lose? If so, is the prize for the "best of 3" Warmachine larger than the other two?
That is to be determined.
Laughterofgods wrote:Planetstrike Game, huh? I've never played it before, but I did just spend the last 20 minutes glancing at the rules. I'll let you pick the conditions. Just let me know if I am the attacker or the defender, how many objectives there will be, and if you folks have the types of buildlings the rulebook talks about. Oh, and stratagem points as well I guess.
How about I be the defender as I have a lot of Heavy Support and Troop choices.

As for number of strategems and all of that, I'm not sure yet, but we definitely have the regular bastions and lots of sandbag terrain.