volunteers?
2015 Stats: W-6,L-2,T-1

Overall Stats:W-28,L-7,T-4

Not bad for skirt wearing marines! :P

TauWaterWarriors
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: is the club closing too?

Post by TauWaterWarriors » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:09 pm

The fee could help pay the employees. I know you guys oppose the idea, and I admire you for it. However it's what we're willing to do to keep the local community alive

Imperator Ihasz
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Imperator Ihasz » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:14 pm

A fee would have to be pretty high. I mean theoretically you need an employee to close up and look over it and even minimum wage is like 200 dollars a week. Add that to rent and you have alot of money tied up in a club.

Fighting Gopher
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Fighting Gopher » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:07 am

miniwargaming wrote:If we did keep it going, we wouldn't charge anything. The rent alone just for the store space is $1,000 / month, so if we keep the club going, we need to be able to justify it.

I think we will be able to justify it, I'll just have to figure out how we can run it with minimal employee costs.
A key(s) to the club that certain members only get with a deposit would work. It's exclusive that way and can ensure peace of mind on it. It also covers you if there are any damamges you would be concerned about etc.....
Warhammer 40K - 41,000 points
Warhammer Fantasy - 27000 wounds (I'm guessing)
Flames of War - 6000 points
Warmachine Cryx - 100 points
Hordes Circle - 240 points

OrcBoy
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by OrcBoy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:26 am

What about upping tournament fees a bit and giving a cut to the employee who runs the event?

Also, think about how cool it would be to have video reports of the MWG club tournaments! Think of all the exclusive content for the vault, profile of the best painted army, chat tactics with the 1st place winner etc.

Boom, tournament coverage could lead to all kinds of videos and you already have the space, tables, equipment, etc.

I think people would be really interested watching a tournament report video..

Just throwing ideas out to keep the club viable.

Maybe even videos of casual gaming for popular games...?
http://www.crossedsabres.ca = a social network for warhammer fantasy players!

Imperator Ihasz
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Imperator Ihasz » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:45 pm

When is the actual store set to close?

Vache Glace
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Vache Glace » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:58 pm

How bout a final club 'temporarily' closing tournament? Would be fun to have one last kick at the can.

8bit_jesus
MiniWarGaming Beginner
Ribbons Earned: We are vengeance. We are fury. We are wrath

Post by 8bit_jesus » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:14 am

potentially increase the vault costs? I mean in pounds sterling it's only £6 a month, and as long as batreps are still being made, and dvds giving away 'free' I really wouldn't object to paying like £10 a month? The only reason I didn't go gold is down to the webstore being overpriced for me, with GW prices being more for North America + shipping fees, and a bonus off costs didn't really help since I get 10% off UK prices in my FLGS etc

It'd be good to keep the local club open, not that it affects me in the slightest but I know if my local store closed, I'd be devastated because I wouldn't play any wargaming at all

Imperator Ihasz
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Imperator Ihasz » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:33 am

All I can say is I really hope the club stays open. Being a student and getting rides to far off location s can be pretty tedious. I'd be lucky to get out once every two weeks.

Kaladorn1959
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Kaladorn1959 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:57 am

I'm in for a membership to help keep the club open, a place where people can play, work on models and learn the games.

Doug
"Dying only hurts until your dead, so quit your crying and die already"

PANZERBUNNY
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by PANZERBUNNY » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:48 pm

Run a Kickstarter and give people who contribute a determined amount a free membership.
To give a sense of urgency for this purchase have an amount that is slightly cheaper than two memberships so people can gift them to friends or band their purchase together to save a few bucks.

So, three stages of pledging.
1: Under $10. Thanks for your pledge. Perhaps create a forum avatar icon for their contribution.
2: $30. Forum icon and a years membership with the option of renewing next year at a reduced price. Granting a certain amount of time for your paid section.
3: $50. Forum icon. Option to renew at a cheaper price. Annual membership x2. Granting a certain amount of time in your paid section.

Is it possible to add a discount to members on any products you are still selling?

This could help gauge interest and acceptance of a small membership fee for access to the space, tables, terrain etc.

I mean, even if it was say, $30 a year. For access to those materials and space, dividing that up for the year is NOTHING. What is that? $.08 cents a day for someone buying into it?

I suppose you could also offer one shot rates for daily access for those who may only be able to come out every few months. A toonie or something.

I have yet to even see the space so I'm not sure what kind of traffic you would expect to have it change future decisions in moving or closing it down/reducing the times it was open.

Are there private rooms you could advertise to local RPG groups?

Just spitballing here.

Also, I think you could expect pledges from others around the world who won't even walk through the door.

I don't feel that's unreasonable, but I suppose when people are used to everything for free there will be a few moans and groans.

Return to “Welland Wargaming Club”