Buffalo Foodmachine 2013

JP_is_here
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Buffalo Foodmachine 2013

Post by JP_is_here » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:18 pm

Hi guys,

I know this is way way way in the future, but I wanted to post here about the Buffalo Foodmachine 2013 event.

If you're not familiar with what Foodmachine is about, it's a charity event where donating cans allows you to cheat to win. Cans are exchanged for benefits. Examples of cheats are: forcing your opponent to reroll, buying a reroll, paying for out-of-faction models. Always thought how amazing a Reckoner is, and jealous that Menoth players get them for a measly 8 points? PLAY ONE! Through an amount you donate, you can take the model, and it becomes friendly faction!

Last year Buffalo Warmachine came in third in overall cans world-wide, with an avg of 200 cans per player. Buffalo Warmachine was listed as 3rd in No Quarter Magazine, w/ around 4,500 cans donated. And we, unlike other groups, have a "No Ramen" policy as it is extremely high in sodium and is only accepted reluctantly by most food banks. We had 22 players overall, and b/c of the limited space of the venue, had to turn away about 10 people.

The prizes are amazing and really make the event a worth while cause. The EO, Charles had a 35pt, fully painted Farrow army as a raffle prize. There were Advance Deployment zone markers, Battle Boxes, copies of Grind, Bodgers, and the IKRPG book. And those were just the raffles. There were hefty Gift Certificate prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, sportsmanship and best painted. Participants were given Foodmachine dice, Advance Deployment objective markers and flags, depending on the level of cans you brought. Even with all that the cost to enter the event? Cans.

This year, the Event Organizer is going all out. He wants to take the top spot, and make this event what puts this meta on the map. He's renting out a hall, and we have a limit of 60 people this year. Registering early will guarantee your spot, and while the $10 donation would be appreciated, the event is completely FREE. Just the cans you bring.

I know traveling across the boarder w/ food would probably be a nightmare, but no fear! Buffalo has a chain of food stores w/ extremely reasonable prices. The stores are called Aldis

http://aldi.us/index_ENU_HTML.htm

Last year our event cleared out their Mac-n-cheese boxes. At 39¢ a box, it made for lots of donations and rules breaking!

here's a link to the registration for the event this year, and where to donate to guarantee your spot.

http://www.facebook.com/events/410476669048584/

If anyone is interested, has questions or generally likes to converse in haiku, feel free to msg me here, and I'll help any way I can.

I hope to see you there!

Celedor
Gold Vault Member

Re: Buffalo Foodmachine 2013

Post by Celedor » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:07 pm

Thanks for the heads up JP! I'll definitely be attending. It's great to have so much advance notice to get the event booked in my calendar, and start filling my pantry with non-perishable items so I can cheat my way to victory!

exodusofman
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Awarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by exodusofman » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:21 pm

I look forward to seeing you guys in November as I type im booking the day off
I fall into a dark hole
And I can't come out
Do you know if Merlin did exist
Or Frodo wore the ring
Did Corum kill the gods
Or where's the wonderland
Which young Alice had seen
Or was it just a dream
I knew the answers
Now they're lost for me

Fighting Gopher
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Fighting Gopher » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:59 pm

I'm in for sure for this. Also, if anyone wants, I can special order in some No Name Mac and Cheese from my store, $4.99 for 12 boxes (No tax as it is a food). I can also price out other perishable items for people if they want. Shouldn't have trouble going across the border with it as it is a dry good.
Warhammer 40K - 41,000 points
Warhammer Fantasy - 27000 wounds (I'm guessing)
Flames of War - 6000 points
Warmachine Cryx - 100 points
Hordes Circle - 240 points

Celedor
Gold Vault Member

Post by Celedor » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:44 am

Awesome Chris-thanks!

Looks like we'll have to coordinate some car pooling! ;)

Fighting Gopher
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Fighting Gopher » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:50 am

I'm up for Car pooling. I am on Holidays that week so I can even have a painted army for it lol.
Warhammer 40K - 41,000 points
Warhammer Fantasy - 27000 wounds (I'm guessing)
Flames of War - 6000 points
Warmachine Cryx - 100 points
Hordes Circle - 240 points