Get ready for a Dark Potential league ($500 in prizes!)...

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Get ready for a Dark Potential league ($500 in prizes!)...

Post by miniwargaming » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:08 pm

In about 2 weeks I'll be looking for 5 or 6 players to take part in an 8 week Dark Potential Survivor League.

The details are here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xj5oh9s97cnnr ... 0Rules.pdf

(Note the $500 in prizes)

The basic requirements will be that you will need to play against MWG staff in Dark Potential battle reports (recorded of course).

Luckily for those of you who can't normally come in during the day, Dan and Owen will be available some evenings and Saturdays to play as well.

You'll also need to buy enough miniatures to make a 400 point army. To do this you'll need to buy the starter set ($59.99), and then buy enough to build up after that. The total cost will be less than $200 in miniatures.

I want to try and mix up the armies as much as possible so that each can be represented.

If you are interested please reply to this thread so I can get an idea of general interest.

Thanks!

Matthew

camsmclean
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

Re: Get ready for a Dark Potential league ($500 in prizes!).

Post by camsmclean » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:03 pm

Okay! I am in.
Ive been looking at the models and really like all the factions.

I think Id want Reclaimers the most. With X'lanthos a close second (though I do like the looks of the corporation....). So, Id probably go with Reclaimers, unless everyone else is, than Id go X'lanthos.

Off to read the rules!!!
Fantasy: WoC = 5000, Daemons = 3000, Dwarfs = 4000
40k: IG = 9000, SW = 4000
Warmachine: Cryx = 200
Hordes: Skorne = 100
All 100% Painted

mmchugh
Gold Vault Member

Post by mmchugh » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:07 pm

I already have my X'lanthos starter set painted and ready to go.

I normally cannot come in during the day, though I may be able to wrangle some. I can usually make it in any evening or on most Saturdays.

Are only recorded battle reports counted? Or can league members play each other off camera for game points?

Are we allowed to proxy or convert currently released models into other models in the line? Or are we only allowed to play with the currently released model's rules?

LCHiigarran1st
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by LCHiigarran1st » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:32 pm

I would like to join in but cannot come in during the day on a consistent basis. I will also need to purchase the required materials, any suggestions?
Only in death does duty end - Old Guard proverb
Soldiers of the Imperial Guard, do you want to live forever?! - Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt
The men of Hiigarra will leave your corpse to the snow and cold

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:40 pm

You basically need to get in one game per week. Dan and Owen will be available in the evenings and Saturdays, so if you can do those times then you should be fine.

Morton
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Morton » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:17 pm

Hey Matthew,

We talked about play testing before but I was never available during regular business hours. I would defiantly be interested if evening and Saturday games are possible. Right off the bat I could play any of the factions (once my orders ship), but would prefer to play a Reclaimers force.

Any rules for proxy/converting models for units that don't have them? I was thinking of putting together a Field Platform Team and need a Weapon Platform.

OmegaOm
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by OmegaOm » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:04 pm

Hi Matt Darrin Here.
I have the reclaimers and x'lanthos starter sets. Started painting the X'lanthos first, so I guess I will play them as my army.

Was wondering if I would be allowed to play 2 games in one day? since I have to come up from the falls. Would save me some time.
Empire ----------- 2100 pts
Orcs & Goblins --- 2500 pts
Dark Elves-------- 500 pts
------------------
Ultra MArines ---- 300 pts
Tyranids --------- 300 pts
Imperial Guard----- 2500 pts

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:19 am

Nothing is set in stone yet, but I'll let you all know when we are open for registrations.

To answer your questions:
Was wondering if I would be allowed to play 2 games in one day? since I have to come up from the falls. Would save me some time.
That can be arranged.
Any rules for proxy/converting models for units that don't have them? I was thinking of putting together a Field Platform Team and need a Weapon Platform.
For this league it will be only currently released models. However, you are welcome to convert some models for other battle reports.

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:19 am

Although, now that I think about it, perhaps we should make provision for converting as well. Thoughts?

mmchugh
Gold Vault Member

Post by mmchugh » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:39 am

I know I would personally like to do some conversions to try out some of the other rules, but as this is probably intended to be promotional for the game, it might not make sense? That is, people watching the videos who like a conversion would not be able to go to the store and buy it.

camsmclean
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by camsmclean » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:23 am

Ya, conversion is a tough one. I love making them, but since this is pretty much a promo thing maybe hold off until next league. I know right now I probably wouldnt make any since I am so new to the game.... Id rather get a hold of everything first off.
Fantasy: WoC = 5000, Daemons = 3000, Dwarfs = 4000
40k: IG = 9000, SW = 4000
Warmachine: Cryx = 200
Hordes: Skorne = 100
All 100% Painted

Morton
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Morton » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:55 pm

A promo yes, but it could also give you some inspiration. Maybe just limit it to one unit per army. Im fine either way, it's not a deal breaker.

I would also be interested in more then 1 game a day.

Morton
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Morton » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:55 pm

Any update on the league?

mmchugh
Gold Vault Member

Post by mmchugh » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm

I'm available for league games during the day now, instead of just evenings/weekends.

Celedor
Gold Vault Member

Post by Celedor » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:18 am

I got my Petrov-Morales force assembled. Priming and painting to commence soon. Looking forward to signing up for the league!!! :D