None's Town

For those on the MWG Minecraft Server to have a place to chat, set up events, and advertise their shops.
Nonebutone
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

None's Town

Post by Nonebutone » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:10 pm

Hello Folks, I've been building a town(Which you can find through the portal Hub) Some of the houses are now ready for rent/purchase. I'm now wondering what people would find as a good price?

For those wondering what the houses will be stocked with:
A bed
Multiple chest for storage
1-3 Forges
A villager who will be your shopkeeper downstairs
Some Food.

price wise, would have to be over 64 Iron as that is the cost of the villager.

-None
"The Humans say, If you build it they will come. Alas each time I build something, Most people tend to Run." -Musing of the Dreadboss.

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Re: None's Town

Post by miniwargaming » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:11 am

Hmmm... more than 64 ingots is expensive - perhaps you could just breed the villagers to make up for their cost, and then make an iron farm?

I'd love to buy one of the buildings. Not sure what a good price would be though.

Nonebutone

Post by Nonebutone » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:41 am

Aye... over a stack is rather expensive, I was mostly using the iron cost to repay the original few villagers. And... to start the Rail system for the public mines that would begin soon.

Well is 64 Iron then a reasonable price for a home?

-None
"The Humans say, If you build it they will come. Alas each time I build something, Most people tend to Run." -Musing of the Dreadboss.

SkragaDaBoss
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by SkragaDaBoss » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:08 am

Sounds interesting. I'll have to mine a bit more iron first though.
All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas

Orks (Goffs)- 2000 points
Dark Angels (5th Company)- 1750
Chaos Space Marines (Death Guard)- 1000
Dark Eldar (Kabal of the Eternal Ice)- Coming soon...

Nonebutone

Post by Nonebutone » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:23 pm

So, For those interested in buying a home within my town, I've now posted prices by their doors So far just the top Right 8 buildings are for sale (the central tower is just a staircase)

And there is a bonus! I've begun a public mine for those who do wish to move in, Image

I'll be maintaining it with working Minecart systems to people have an easy time getting in and out.

If you are interested in purchasing a home, make sure you pay the cost to buy the home before moving in! and Mind the Villagers! They have made it to the population mark to spawn golems! And some sell some pretty awesome stuff!

-None

Superior Man
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by Superior Man » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:08 am

It's 7 AM and I need to get to work in 4 hours, so at least SOME sleep would be nice, but I couldn't resist checking your houses. I ran off immediately with a stack of Iron because even for a casual player like me, that is an affordable price IMO. However, I noticed that some houses are for sale and some are for rent. Is that an actual rent, e.g. will the 64 Iron have to be paid on a regular basis? :-X

I don't have the time to check out everything in detail now, are there different types of houses? Or are they all mirrored / copied and basically the same?

Are we allowed a change of interior decoration? I mean, you probably don't mind a few pictures, but can we also place / remove chairs, tables & furniture in general etc.? No messing with the structure, of course.

Dibs on the house next to the entrance, one sign says "For Rent" and another says "8 Diamonds, 10 Iron". Just need to clarify the things above first. :p
++++++++++++++++++
Update (06/08/2016): -> Battlefleet Gothic playthrough! <-
++++++++++++++++++

IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZOR!!!
O o
/¯/________________________
| BLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Nonebutone

Post by Nonebutone » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:11 pm

I'm droping the idea of rent, as its rather silly, I've put up the prices to purchase the homes and fixed the signs.

The values are adjustable by my exchange rates I posed elsewhere, so if your lacking diamonds there are other ways to pay.

Once you own the home, its yours, you may change the interior as much as you like, just be mindful that the villagers i want to keep around.

-None

TommyRelic

Post by TommyRelic » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:26 pm

Hey Nonebutone I am hoping to be on the server soon and am wondering how you feel about changes to the houses? I am assuming no just for the sake of symmetry but thought I would ask. The idea of having a actual village of players seems pretty cool so I might get one just for the sake of seeing people around. Like I said not on the server yet so not sure how spread out you all are. Also the corners seem bigger then the rest is this true? cause if so I want a corner.

Ps. if u could bug matt to add people so I can play would appreciate it. lol

Cheers,

FableMaker
Grimgor Ironhide is da Smashyest

Superior Man
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by Superior Man » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:45 pm

I'll buy said house, if that's allright, None. I logged off in it with the payment in my inventory, I'll try to catch you next time I see you online. :) Happy to be your first (?) customer.
++++++++++++++++++
Update (06/08/2016): -> Battlefleet Gothic playthrough! <-
++++++++++++++++++

IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZOR!!!
O o
/¯/________________________
| BLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯