jjknick18's (Jacob's) Weekly Paint

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
jjknick18
MiniWarGaming Veteran

jjknick18's (Jacob's) Weekly Paint

Post by jjknick18 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:57 pm

Hey guys! I would like to first start off by saying thank you for coming to my weekly paint. Let me first start out by saying some stuff about me. Hi, My name is Jacob. I live in upstate New York. I first got into Warhammer about almost 2 years ago. I really liked the game, but painting was hard for me. I am not the best painter, but I like to think I am alright. I stopped painting awhile ago and I just got back into it recently. My first army was Eldar. My paint job was terrible on them. I never finish the Hq I bought (Eldrad Uthran). So when I got back into painting he was the first model I started painting. I really like the way he turned out to be honest. After I didn't like Eldar I wanted to try a new army. I looked and space wolves seemed cool and I really liked their idea, so I started playing them. I only painted half the army. Painting at the time was not fun, all I wanted to do was play the game. I recently started to like painting again so I am going to try and finish them. So mostly after this week I will be posting space wolf units. I will sometimes only post once a week or maybe ever two days. Well that pretty much wraps up all about me. I will let the pictures do the talking lol.

I take the pictures on my phone so sorry if they are not the best quality/lighting. I don't have the most expensive paints/paint brushes so hopefully the models still look good.

All comments, questions, concerns, critique, are all very appreciated. If you have any questions about the model, something about me, or anything else feel free to ask.

Sorry if that was a lot. Without anything else left to say here is Eldrad.

(Front View)

(Right Side View)

(Backside View)

(Left Side View)

(Another one with a flashlight shined on him)
Space Wolves 900

FDARaptor
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Re: jjknick18's (Jacob's) Weekly Paint

Post by FDARaptor » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:00 pm

Hard to tell, but is that staff finished?

jjknick18
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by jjknick18 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:36 pm

Ya I thought it was maybe I missed some of the finer details.
Space Wolves 900

DaOrkyBitz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by DaOrkyBitz » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:42 pm

Clearly photoshopped.

FDARaptor
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by FDARaptor » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:41 pm

Top part looks great, but bottom part could use work.

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:50 pm

Agreed with FDARaptor. It looks really good so far. If you are taking pics with a cell I am told light from behind ( as in yourself) works best... Of course I could be wrong.

Look forward to your Space wolf army. Always tempted to get into those.. but I never had a BIG interest in 40K
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

jjknick18
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by jjknick18 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:36 am

I just finished a grey hunter, but I think I will wait. I dont want to post like 5 models in 3 days and then have nothing left to post later.
Space Wolves 900