Sarkastik's #theweeklypaint 2014

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Re: Sarkastik's #theweeklypaint 2014

Post by Lady_Soria » Fri May 09, 2014 12:39 pm

I love that ' I'm sorry...but I'm comfy' look.

I'm sure your paint job will be awesome sauce.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Sarkastik » Fri May 09, 2014 1:39 pm

Its great, isn't it? :)

thanks!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Sarkastik » Mon May 12, 2014 9:04 am

This weekend was a pretty good one Hellbrute-wise. Got a lot done on him, however, still more to do.

Cheers!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Post by Sarkastik » Fri May 16, 2014 9:01 am

Well, after a couple of days away from the brush, i picked it back up to do a bit more detail work on the Helbrute. I used the technical paints from GW to see if i could get a decent rust effect, and i must say

The technical paints are GLORIOUS.

I put the orange on first and was a little saddened at how bright it was, but decided to keep going. Then I put Typhus Corrosion on, and it changed everything. The orange was subdued enough and the paint textured enough that it was exactly what i was looking for.

Ignore the giant crack on top... it happened when my helbrute decided to Deepstrike onto the floor...

Hopefully I'll finish it up this week, before the new edition arrives... cause once that happens, there is no chance...

As always, let me know what you think.

Cheers!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri May 16, 2014 4:52 pm

It looks great, the cracks only add to the model!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Post by Sarkastik » Tue May 20, 2014 8:23 am

Thanks guys!

I have to admit, I primed my other two Helbrutes and was rather disappointed that the paint didn't crack...

I took a break from my helbrutes this weekend and decided to paint up a chaos lord, which im planning on running as a Herald of Nurgle.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Tue May 20, 2014 9:08 am

I love that model, I have one just waiting for the blade and brush!

I love the rust weathering, I would have liked to have seen it in the armor too. I notice you used it on the bracer ;)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Post by Sarkastik » Wed May 21, 2014 9:28 am

It has been my favorite model to paint in a long time.

Thanks! I didn't want to over power it with rust, but im thinking i might go back and change it... I have some plague bearers on their way, and im going to use Kris' oily technique that he posted last week on them (thinking about using a deep green, vs black).. depending on how he looks with them, I may add the rust in :)
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Joce
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Joce » Sun May 25, 2014 5:14 pm

Sarkastik wrote: Ignore the giant crack on top... it happened when my helbrute decided to Deepstrike onto the floor...
Crazy model, witch crack?

:mrgreen:

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Post by Sarkastik » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:37 pm

:)

Well, this was a pretty good weekend hobby-wise. My autocannons arrived on Friday so I have started getting them cleaned up and ready for havoks. Also, I was able to get a test model done for my unit of plague bearers:

I used "Nurgles Rot" on top of the fully painted base to give it the illusion of corrupting everything it comes across. I am fairly happy with the result.

Still not sure how im going to do the horns yet..

Cheers!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Shas-Woody
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Shas-Woody » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:39 pm

That nurgles rot looks fantastically barfy. I'm need to get my mitts on that for my Beastmen. I wonder if you could get that cracked texture if you used the Agrellan Earth technical as a basecoat.

Lubaris
MiniWarGaming Beginner
Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Lubaris » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:47 pm

looks great i love those eyes.

For the horns maybe a redisch brown would look good since it might create a nice contrast to the green not sure though

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Post by Sarkastik » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:10 pm

Shas-Woody wrote:That nurgles rot looks fantastically barfy. I'm need to get my mitts on that for my Beastmen. I wonder if you could get that cracked texture if you used the Agrellan Earth technical as a basecoat.
Thanks! I definitely endorse GW's latest technical paints. Between the Blood, rust and rot, they are utterly amazing.

Hmm... i think I will try that on my next batch of bases and see how it works... Thanks for the idea!
Lubaris wrote:looks great i love those eyes.

For the horns maybe a redisch brown would look good since it might create a nice contrast to the green not sure though
Thanks! I am trying to keep the same "warplike" blue throughout my chaos army for the eyes.

i never through of a brownish... i may just try that and see how it works... thanks! :)
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

easycompany
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by easycompany » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:56 pm

That Hellbrute looks amazing! I think a brighter colour would be a good contrast to the dark green
Curahee!