Soria.. 2014..ALREADY?!

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Re: Soria.. 2014..ALREADY?!

Post by Lady_Soria » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:59 pm

We are like organized Hoarders....
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:49 pm

Repaired my niece's Legion stuff, no pic because she wants to repaint them.

Finished the horse army and knight tabard colours... And I've hit a snag. I plan to keep these guys forever.. but at the moment I have no want to paint them... but nothing else to paint other then other Bret stuff...
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Joce
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Joce » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:05 pm

I have some abysal dwarfs from Mantic if you want PM me if you want me to send them your way.

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:17 pm

I appreciate the offer Joce, but I wouldn't feel right without giving you something back.

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:28 am

So... despite forcing myself to paint my Brets hoping once I get going I'll just get into the groove and just paint my happily lil brains out... Not the case I am afraid to report. Even 15-20 minutes later and it still feels like a job, even more so than my actually job. I refuse to let my hobby into a job so they have been shelved until inspiration hits.

Anyroad none of that is actually new so my point is I still want to paint and badly! You know you got it bad because you can't sleep because your brain is going over paint schemes and techniques you want to try. Since I have a lack funds I decided to paint my brush mug.. yes I am that desperate.. Its a rough blue/black/grey clay mug with a dragon in armour craved in it but it scratches the itch.

So.. I am still painting... just no minis. :P

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:26 pm

Maybe wander a store and find something other than brets that inspires you.

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:29 pm

I would love to.. but I have no money to buy models... if that is what you suggesting.

Inspiration is not what I am lacking... I have ideas for Menoth, Khador etc And ideas how to pull off making my constructs and stone part look like snow flake obsidian... But no extra money to buy models. I'm hoping MAYBE next month I will, but Summer and September are lean months for me since I work for the local School... and for some bizzare reason my first paycheck doesn't arrive until October.

FDARaptor
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by FDARaptor » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:32 pm

So you would just paint anything?

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:21 pm

Any thing expect my brets it would seem.... I have a feeling I sound nuttier than squirrel poop.

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:55 pm

Nah, don't buy anything. Just look around, talk to gamers excited to play. Gets me motivated.

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:48 am

hmmmm... Its a good idea..

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:16 am

With 2014 almost over and 2015 coming up hard and fast I am going to use my (probably) last post in this 2014 painting thread to reflect and look forward. I didn't do what I had planned to this year hobby wise due to a myriad of reasons that range from personal to financial. But I know things will change in 2015, first project starting in mid January beginning my troll bloods because they look fun, easy to learn if not hard to master, and I am finding Circle while fun and awesome looking a bit frustrating to learn with. Troll bloods seem the closest to Brets in the Hordes universe until PP ever decides to make a centaur race ( that would.be.AWESOME) with being mostly melee centered ( although they are WAY more diverse than Brets ever were) and they are the one army I want to get into that I *mostly* have a colour scheme figured out ( still deciding on skin colour..Non humans make that kind of thing difficult.)

Any road I was just wondering if any of you guys have plans for 2015 hobby wise?

Nexus_Crawler
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:39 am

Wow Soria! I hardly ever see you around but it is good to hear that you are still a part of this community. There are times when all of us need to step back from the hobby to make sure that other aspects of day to day life are running smoothly.

Trools look great Blue. The artist who chose the PP colour scheme made all of the right choices....
--Necrons, Dark Angels--
--Connoisseur of fine Cheese--

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:21 pm

The blue trolls do look good.

I want to finish my son's necrons before the end of the year, and in 15, do all those things I didn't get to in 14 ;)

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:26 am

I vote pink, mainly because it is a nice contrast to all the blue they normally use. It might not be the easiest colour to use however.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.