TheHoundmaster's #theweeklypaint 2014

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: TheHoundmaster's #theweeklypaint 2014

Post by Nappen » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:49 pm

Thanks, will have to order a couple :)

TheHoundmaster
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:55 pm

Still got just a little work to do. There is the skull on the base, the scroll & bag, and the comet signet. After that its a little more work on the base, especially around the feet of the Cold one. Otherwise hes done.

The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Fri May 02, 2014 8:56 pm

Looks good.. although the cold one look smallish compared to the knight.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Sat May 03, 2014 12:37 pm

Empire knights are large, burly and very, very manly. Cold ones are ment for tiny frail elves, which is the main reason the cold ones look small.

Seriously though, empire knight figures are very large, in the scale they are in they should be over 6'2" tall.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sat May 03, 2014 1:14 pm

They all look like Peewee Herman next to Chaos!

...wait, did I just age myself?
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Sat May 03, 2014 2:25 pm

Even space marines look like dwarfs next to chaos, as my new apostle proved.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

TheHoundmaster
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Sat May 03, 2014 4:13 pm

Yup, you are right Arnathos. They are absolutely huge dudes, especially if their horses are considered small. If they are full-sized war horses, then these dudes are like 8 feet tall. Empire Knights are also some of the oldest models around, both in their metal form and in their current plastic form. I wish they would get an update soon. Their armor looks dated, their scale is off, the horses are dull, etc.

Today i'm working on this.

Trying to get the howdah done. Any ideas how to make the firing array look more "Lustrian"

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:25 pm

Well the move is pretty much done, at least where my hobby stuff is concerned. I only broke my two favorite models (Deathclaw griffon and my War Altar) so I suppose thats not terrible. I think I can fix the griffon, but the war altar is in pretty bad shape. If thats all that goes wrong I'll be in good shape.

Oh and the local store is doing 25% off -anything- fantasy. So if you want something let me know and I can pass the savings on to you. Only codex I saw was Daemons, but theres an orc battalion, a VC undead dragon, and two isle of bloods, plus numerous other goodies.

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:29 pm

TheHoundmaster wrote:Well the move is pretty much done, at least where my hobby stuff is concerned. I only broke my two favorite models (Deathclaw griffon and my War Altar) so I suppose thats not terrible. I think I can fix the griffon, but the war altar is in pretty bad shape. If thats all that goes wrong I'll be in good shape.

What couldve happened to the altar to make it unfixable??
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:54 pm

A few of the smaller pieces of the altar itself broke off, and the golden griffon on top snapped off of one foot, and lost a wing. They arent clean breaks, so they will be really hard to fix.

Oceangrave0
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:56 pm

TheHoundmaster wrote:A few of the smaller pieces of the altar itself broke off, and the golden griffon on top snapped off of one foot, and lost a wing. They arent clean breaks, so they will be really hard to fix.
bend breaks or shatter breaks? shatter breaks can be reset with minimal re-sculpt work, bend breaks are well.... the worst...
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:05 pm

Sorry to hear about the alter. At least the move is done and you can console yourself with a discount.

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:13 pm

Oceangrave0 wrote:
TheHoundmaster wrote:A few of the smaller pieces of the altar itself broke off, and the golden griffon on top snapped off of one foot, and lost a wing. They arent clean breaks, so they will be really hard to fix.
bend breaks or shatter breaks? shatter breaks can be reset with minimal re-sculpt work, bend breaks are well.... the worst...
Bend breaks. The leg is one direction of bend break, the wing was twisted around.

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:26 pm

TheHoundmaster wrote:
Oceangrave0 wrote:
Bend breaks. The leg is one direction of bend break, the wing was twisted around.
GROSS! :cry:
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:20 pm

So most of my WIP stuff is still packed, but this little guy just kept staring at me.

What do ya think of the skin? I usually go darker, but I wanted to try some pop on this one.