TheHoundmaster's #theweeklypaint 2014

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: TheHoundmaster's #theweeklypaint 2014

Post by Nappen » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:58 am

Looks awesome. Like a wizards cauldron from the movies.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:17 pm

Looks good! Be cool to see the lines in the Howdah painted like that.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

TheHoundmaster
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:24 pm

Dez wrote:Looks good! Be cool to see the lines in the Howdah painted like that.
Not sure I follow. Which lines? I didn't paint the "floor" of it because it will be covered almost completely by the base of the array.
The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:57 pm

Ahh that's what I meant, the floor. Those lines just beg to be painted in Tron-like colors!

TheHoundmaster
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:52 pm

I think I finally got the look of the lens right.

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:05 pm

More work on the Knight. I did a rust effect all over, then back over most of the larger plates with ironbreaker. On to the golds!

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:53 am

Wow, these look so good, you can barely tell they are conversions. They look like its a pack already produced.

Awesome job sir!
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:24 am

Lady_Soria wrote:Wow, these look so good, you can barely tell they are conversions. They look like its a pack already produced.

Awesome job sir!
Thank you so much! That means a lot!

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:28 pm

Well, some good news and bad news. My wife didn't get into either of the grad school programs she applied to (St. Louis and Jackson, Mississippi) so we will be heading back home to Texas. We are looking to settle down in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. While it will be exceptionally hot (but we are used to it) there are a TON of Warhammer and wargaming related stores/clubs/events, etc. I don't think any of you are in the metroplex area, but if you are ever coming through you'll have to send me a message!

So, its time to start packing up the Warhammer in prep for the move (ya, already) but at least i'm heading to greener wargaming pastures.

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:57 am

Keep us posted! Wish we could have gotten together more here.

High likelihood I will end up in Texas next, but in good old SA.

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:58 am

Good luck on the move!
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Dez

Post by Dez » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:04 pm

Good luck on your move!

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:17 pm

Finished the knight. Put another highlight and wash on the cold one claws. Will get him mounted and based today.

Like it?

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:12 pm

Looking good!

Question: a while back you posted how you use your dremmel to get stubborn paint off. What tip did you use?

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:15 pm

Nappen wrote:Looking good!

Question: a while back you posted how you use your dremmel to get stubborn paint off. What tip did you use?
Depends on the material. I use a circular nylon brush on a low speed for plastic, high speed if i'm polishing metal. For metal with normal paint I used a circular brass wire brush, and for tough paint I use the circular steel wire head.