TheHoundmaster's #theweeklypaint 2014

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: TheHoundmaster's #theweeklypaint 2014

Post by Dez » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:57 am

I like it, though keep those Lootaz away from my Morkanaut...
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

TheHoundmaster
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:50 pm

Any tips on the paint from Warboss Dez Da Ribbon Git?
The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!

TheHoundmaster
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:05 pm

So I'm not sold on this look for my aegis defense line. I think it looks good on the defense line itself but I have an Imperial Bunker to consider and hopefully a Fortress of Redemption someday. I'm going to repaint it in either a dark red (with the silver trim) or in the gray stone dry brushing I used for my bases (see below). What do yall think?

I think the red would really stand out, but I worry that it will be too much red when on the table next to my vehicles. The stone look would give it an ancient feel that I like as well as tying all the basing together.

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:39 pm

TheHoundmaster wrote:Any tips on the paint from Warboss Dez Da Ribbon Git?
Maybe pick out some more of the highlights in the black pants. I like to paint in the stitches in the pants, just makes things pop a bit.

I say Grey is the way to go on the ADL.

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:24 pm

Phew, its been a hell of a month! Long story short I had an interview for a job Thursday the 3rd in Dallas. They called me back about a half hour later wanting to set up another interview. At my second interview on Monday the 14th they offered me a job, and asked if I could start the next day. I asked to start Wednesday since I didn't actually have any more business cloths with me in the car. To cut this story even shorter I started Wednesday, moved into a new apartment my loving wife found for us on Saturday, and here I am again trying to catch my breath on Wednesday.

Wow, that was fast. But now I live here!

Hopefully I can settle in and get my hobby stuff rolling as there is an AWESOME store nearby called Texas Toy Soldier. Go check em out!

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:43 am

Congrats on the job...and the apartment.

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:13 am

Nappen wrote:Congrats on the job...and the apartment.
Thanks man, its really been a shock. I can't wait to get all our stuff put up. There is a HUGE walk in closet that I am going to be using as a hobby center.

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:27 am

Noice!
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Dez

Post by Dez » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:18 am

What a great streak of luck!

Joce
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Joce » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:49 pm

Blackwraith wrote:Congrats on everything!
I say the same!

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:10 pm

Well things are starting to calm down some. I'm going to be setting up my hobby center tonight. I promise to post pics of the awesome new minis I got in the mail from Oceangrave. An Belial TH/SS conversion and the old Asmodai model. Prepare to be wowed.

FDARaptor
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by FDARaptor » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:41 pm

TheHoundmaster wrote:
Nappen wrote:Congrats on the job...and the apartment.
Thanks man, its really been a shock. I can't wait to get all our stuff put up. There is a HUGE walk in closet that I am going to be using as a hobby center.
Gaming tables and all? :D