TheHoundmaster's #theweeklypaint 2014

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
TheHoundmaster
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

TheHoundmaster's #theweeklypaint 2014

Post by TheHoundmaster » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:28 pm

So its March 3rd and I finally noticed that there is a 2014 thread now! So I'll be posting more in here as soon as possible. To begin with, here are my completed Jungle Flaggies! For some reason the pictures just came out so blah, but I really enjoy them on the table! So bright and colorful!

And my attempt at a skull on my Helblaster. I took like 15 pictures are each one was blurry. Here is the least blurry :(

The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!

TheHoundmaster
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Re: TheHoundmaster's #theweeklypaint 2014

Post by TheHoundmaster » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:16 am

Nothing like a birthday to bring on the warhammer! First up I snagged this great old army box! All current empire models, plus a limited edition bright wizard!

Next up my lovely wife got me this! I couldn't resist building it right away!

Lastly I did some conversion work as a test for some of my troops. First up a Greatsword. The arms look off but they will be straight once the sticky tac is removed.

Next I decided to try out a Knight conversion. Not sure if these will be my regular knights, Inner circle knights, or Reiksguard.

A very nice fit here!

This is a lizardmen shield on a human arm. What do you think?

This one is a lizardmen arm and shield. I think with some sanding and a piece of plasticard for a shoulder pad this will look better. Bigger shield= better!

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:20 pm

Looking good as is, don't forget to grind down them scaless
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:14 am

Happy Birthday!

I'm loving the themed conversions, keep it up!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:11 pm

Dez wrote:Happy Birthday!

I'm loving the themed conversions, keep it up!
Thanks mate! Which shield are you liking more?
Blackwraith wrote:Happy Birthday! Nice plastic crack you go there :)
Thanks! Got plenty of cash too, so more to come! I'm thinking one of the big lizardmen dinos i've been after...
Last edited by TheHoundmaster on Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:04 pm

So lets talk goals for this year. Obviously its already March so I'm behind. The second thing that will put a bit of a pinch on my hobby time is my upcoming move to St. Louis. I'll most likely be out of commission from the end of May to mid June. But, that is just the way things go!

40k Goals for 2014

More than anything I'd like to simply get some stuff into the "Completed" pile. I know that is a very general goal, but hey its a goal! In particular I want to get the infantry I have completed, with a secondary goal of finishing up the 40k terrain I have.

Fantasy Goals for 2014

I love 40k, don't get my wrong. But The Empire is where my heart is. With that in mind I place on finishing the following: at least a full command in lustrian theme for my halberds, no less than 5 Reiksguard on Cold Ones, Stegadon with Luminark, Stegadon with Hurricanum, War Altar drawn by Cold Ones, Bastilidon Steamtank, no less than 10 Greatswords with Temple Guard Halberds, and as many regular halberds as I can manage. All in all I would like to participate in Armies on Parade with these blokes, but I get the feeling I'll be way too busy moving to get around to painting, much less submitting the finished product in time.

So, there you have it. I will do my best to stick to this, but who knows when inspiration will strike!

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:52 am

Tonight's offering

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:47 am

I just love the way you paint your cold ones, so purdy! And also a belated happy birthday!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

FDARaptor
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by FDARaptor » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:50 am

TheHoundmaster wrote:Tonight's offering

......... brother?

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:13 am

I think I like the first shield better, and I agree some plasticard on that shoulder to bulk it up would look cool.

I love the way you paint those scales, but I think you need another highlight on the claws. The same for the Organ Gun, it looks great but does come across a little flat.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:46 pm

Wow... so pretty...So where did you write up the fluff for this?

<-- is itching for a good read..
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:13 pm

Lady_Soria wrote:Wow... so pretty...So where did you write up the fluff for this?

<-- is itching for a good read..
The Empire guys or my 40k guys?

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:47 pm

Empire, sorry for not clarifying.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

easycompany
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by easycompany » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:47 am

Adore the theme you have here Hound! That Empire Army box holds a special place in my heart as that was the big release when I first got into gaming. Oh the nostalgia...
Curahee!