BlackWraith's #theweeklypaint 2014

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Lord--Zaheer
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: BlackWraith's #theweeklypaint 2014

Post by Lord--Zaheer » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:48 pm

Wow them red talons are inspiring!! Really makes them stand out.

I have the same colour scheme as you for my Tyranids, except I use green for the scything talons, and you're much better than me :'(

Nice work!!

Z

Lord--Zaheer
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Lord--Zaheer » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:51 pm

Can you please tell me how you do your skin though?...

I've been very lazy with mine and all I do is:-

Prime model grey, Apply blue wash, Dry brush ice blue, lighter dry brush with 1:1mix white and ice blue.

Z

easycompany
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by easycompany » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:11 pm

So jealous of those 'nids :shock:
Curahee!

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:17 pm

The shadow really makes them pop !
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:16 pm

Oh you are lucky if your wife doesn't kill you! I always wear gloves, super excited to use my brush. Going to get some primer paints for my airbrush today.

Dez

Post by Dez » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:52 am

I have one of those myself, but for stripping models and airbrush :)

I bought a set of paint at Hobby Lobby for $18 by Comart. They seem to be teamed up with Iwata, I just went for it. Probably won't paint...wow, until Thursday.