easycompany's #theweeklypaint2014

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: easycompany's #theweeklypaint2014

Post by Dez » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:31 am

Photobucket, though their apps that used to work are now an annoyance.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

easycompany
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by easycompany » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:43 pm

I'll look into setting up photobucket soon but for now, PIC DUMP :D

Image001 by easycompany506th, on Flickr
Image003 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

First batch of Thunderers

Image005 by easycompany506th, on Flickr
Image006 by easycompany506th, on Flickr
Image007 by easycompany506th, on Flickr
Image008 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

Second batch with some beard colour experiments. I've noticed some mistakes in the close ups but I'm happy enough with them for now

WIP command group

Image009 by easycompany506th, on Flickr
<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/easycompa ... am/player/" width="500" height="375" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

What's left to paint:

Some slayers, the one on the right needs to be stripped. Got him second hand so not my paint job on him

Image011 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

Bugman!

Image013 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

Dwarf Cannon
Image014 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

and finally the Lord himself

Image016 by easycompany506th, on Flickr
Image015 by easycompany506th, on Flickr
I'm liking how the camera focused on the axe

Some spare bits
Image017 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

And I also picked this up at the weekend. Can't wait to try it out

Image019 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

So that's all for now. I plan on finishing off the command group and starting the cannon crew this week. Will keep you updated
Curahee!

TrezCushrenada
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by TrezCushrenada » Sat May 03, 2014 3:32 pm

quality work man, keep up the good work!

easycompany
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by easycompany » Sat May 03, 2014 3:37 pm

Cheers Trez! Time for me to get back to the painting table
Curahee!

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Sat May 03, 2014 5:51 pm

Happy Free Comic Book Day everyone!

Haven't been up to much painting for a while. Must break out the brushes tomorrow. I did manage to get a couple of games of Pandemic in with a few friends which was great! Little slow at the start when everyone's figuring out how to play but the turns were super fast by the end. I'm due a visit to my LGS and will pick up some modelling supplies and paints for my Khador now that I have money again after my birthday last week :D
Curahee!

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Sun May 04, 2014 8:00 pm

May 4th be with you all :)
Planning on sticking on one of the films. Probably Episode III cause I haven't seen it in way too long. Don't worry, I watched the REAL trilogy a few weeks back so I'll leave them for now :P
Curahee!

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:32 pm

Hello all!
Well summer is here and I'm slowly getting re-infected with the hobby bug :P
I've been inspired by Joyce to try to up my painting skills, to get to and above tabletop standard, to be able to use many different techniques and who knows, maybe I'll enter a competition someday! Tomorrow I'm heading into my LGS and as well as getting a few games in, I plan on picking an Army Painter Hobby Tool Kit as I think the perfect place to start in my journey is with the very basics, assembling and preparing the miniature!
I'll let you know how I get on
Curahee!

Joce
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Joce » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:57 pm

Good brushes and good lighting plus steady hands and focus, maybe some music, pink floyd... Marillion! :P

Hey my grand-ma was Irish :wink: In Quebec we got a lot of Irish roots.

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:37 am

Yep we really spread out over the century :P
Yesterday I picked up a new hobby knife and some curved files. The army painter starter set was too expensive seeing as I only really needed a couple of things from it. I also got a demo game of High Command, the great Privateer Press card game and I was beaten in a game of Warmachine. I really need to get playing more to up my skills, made way too many silly mistakes which in the end lost me the game
Curahee!

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:03 pm

Two local game shops are having huge summer sales, my regular LGS is selling Mantic's Deadzone range for 50% off and another shop which I've rarely been at is doing all it's remaining 40k stock at half price! Is this my calling to return to the 41st millenium?
Curahee!

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:30 pm

Woo, time to max out those credit cards!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!