easycompany's #theweeklypaint2014

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
easycompany
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

easycompany's #theweeklypaint2014

Post by easycompany » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:26 pm

Well hello there!
I'm back, and hopefully for good (I want you back, want you back) this time around! So after my measly attempt at #theweeklypaint2013, I plan on making this year a much more productive one!
I don't really have any goals set in stone this year, as something will always crop making me throw the old goals out the window. I'll stick to smaller 'aims' giving myself smaller tasks more regularly. Like the beginning of last year, I'm going to make my painting 'week' run from Sunday-Saturday, Lining up with the Weekly Painting Pledges.

So what should you expect to see here? Well my current project and main focus this year is a Warmachine Khador army but I also have a big box of random minis in the attic so expect to see a bit of everything! I also plan to do a lot of trading and second-hand buying this year so expect to see a bit of everything!

Anyway I hope you enjoy and please post so you can follow this year's attempt!

Cheers everybody,
easy
Curahee!

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: easycompany's #theweeklypaint2014

Post by Nappen » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:37 pm

Good to see you back at it :)

easycompany
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by easycompany » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Time to get started! My goal for this week is to finish painting the 4 Dwarf Thunderers I have on the bench. Just about to unpack my paints and get to it
Curahee!

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:00 pm

Finished for the night. Got a couple of coats onto them. Just need to do a little more touching up, a wash and then the couple of highlights
Curahee!

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:31 pm

Had a great day in my LGS. Had a demo game of Infinity, watched a couple of games of Warmachine and Flames of War and talked with some great people :)
At the minute, my aim is not to buy any models until I buy the paints and tools I need for them. I have €30 of store credit but I think I'll save that to make me feel less guilty about buying something bigger. Maybe a good board game, starter set or more Warmachine? We shall see.
Haven't got any painting done since last Sunday. Sitting down to watch Man of Steal and then I might finish those Dwarves. By the way, where is everybody?
Curahee!

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:16 am

Film wasn't great. Didn't manage to get any painting done as I was too busy writing. Have people coming over tonight but should be able to squeeze some in before then
Curahee!

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:54 am

Need to get back into a habit of painting and posting! Dwarf WIP pics coming soon
Curahee!

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:11 am

Get them Dorfs done!

I've been painting like crazy this month myself ;)

Flames of War is a great game system, I just can't get my group into it. They don't have the excitement level about building and painting that I do...in fact, they only like the gaming aspect and buy all their stuff already painted on eBay.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:00 am

Plan on finishing off my Thunderers today. Pics after that. Please try to contain your excitement.
Curahee!

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:25 pm

I like Thunderers!

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:45 pm

Must.....get......encouragement! :shock: I've been seriously slacking in the gaming department, especially in painting! I have a two week break from school so tomorrow there WILL be pictures and over the week there WILL be progress! I just realised all my sentences are ending with exclamation marks! I've had too much coffee!
Curahee!

Dez

Post by Dez » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:22 pm

I never got coffee in Ireland until I got to Galway!

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:55 pm

easycompany wrote:Must.....get......encouragement! :shock: I've been seriously slacking in the gaming department, especially in painting! I have a two week break from school so tomorrow there WILL be pictures and over the week there WILL be progress! I just realised all my sentences are ending with exclamation marks! I've had too much coffee!

NEVER. ENOUGH. COFFEE!
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:12 pm

Oceangrave0 wrote:
easycompany wrote:Must.....get......encouragement! :shock: I've been seriously slacking in the gaming department, especially in painting! I have a two week break from school so tomorrow there WILL be pictures and over the week there WILL be progress! I just realised all my sentences are ending with exclamation marks! I've had too much coffee!

NEVER. ENOUGH. COFFEE!

AGREED!
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:47 am

Come on Flickr, we can do this.

What are peoples opinion on the best/fastest photo storage website? Most seem to use photobucket
Curahee!