Nappen's Weekly Paint 2014

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: Nappen's Weekly Paint 2014

Post by Nappen » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:22 am

I am going to. I tried some of the dry paint last night. Very strange to deal with. I made a mess of a couple of models :)

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:13 am

It's like putty, you have to go really light. I messed up my first few too.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:05 pm

Started on the metals. I think I may leave the fur black to keep them different from my other classes.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:29 pm

got started on the vermin.

need to do the tails, but don't have dez's color choice so trying out some others :)

I like the black fur so really think I am sticking with that.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:09 pm

Got the teeth done. I started on the nails, but decided I didnt like them and preferred the black and grey like the fur. Tails are painted. Tomorrow I will do the wood. Hopefully then the little trinkets scattered about, the a wash, base and done...sometime this week.

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:28 am

They're looking good, you are getting a lot of them done really fast.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:28 am

funny how the flash makes the black look silver.

Also the old metal vs the new plastic look like completely different units. Both are cool in their own way, but I think I like the new ones better.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:23 pm

Finished the rats, will try to snap a pic in the am before work. Still need to base them.

Muttonstashe
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Muttonstashe » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:29 pm

Dang you work fast!
Dwarfs: 2000 Points, 1/2 painted
Dark Angels: 1650 Points, Primed
Cygnar: 15 Points, Everything painted except caster

Dez

Post by Dez » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:08 am

Right? I'm happy if I get one model done a day, meanwhile Nappen is here finishing units of 54 :)

Though I guess I have finished a few armies within a month or so for tournaments...

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:08 am

not a good pic and still need to base. Last night I finished while doing homework with the kids.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:06 pm

Got the sand on the bases. Getting closer.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:40 pm

little bit more progress...

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:46 pm

Finished the Storm Vermin...wheeew, glad that is over... :wink:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Dez

Post by Dez » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:20 am

They look good, I love the slime!