Nappen's Weekly Paint 2014

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: Nappen's Weekly Paint 2014

Post by Nappen » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:11 pm

Worked on the winter guard tonight whilst watching Merlin with the family. Got them about half done.

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:44 am

Woke up early and finished painting my winterguard. Now need to base them. Not sure when I will get the chance. Have work stuff most of today. Maybe finish up tomorrow. Pics then.

After that, there is only gregorovich to go and all khador is done.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:15 am

I finished the Winterguard between work things yesterday. Since I don't play Khador and this will just be a house army, I have been able to go pretty fast (for me anyway). Like I said, just one to go, then off to another army...probably back to my skaven :)

ImageImage

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:49 am

Finished gregorovich this morning. Now just have to let him dry and base him.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:15 pm

Khador is done!

ImageImage

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:29 am

Very cool! I have a Troll army that I just painted with no intention to play :)

Now let's see some Skaven. I have some conversions I've been thinking about myself :)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:49 pm

Back from out of town. Hope to do some painting this week, but too tired tonight :)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:32 pm

Primed 51 storm vermin and a brown coat on 6 jezzails

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:46 pm

GO GO GO GO GO!

Hmm, lotsa storm vermin, they rule!

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:36 am

Yeah, I primed them white, then realized they would end up looking too much like me clan rats...so primed them black and going to try your formula.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:23 am

52 primed storm vermin and 7 partial jezzails and a warpgrinder that are partially done :)

Been having a hard time getting motivated. travel, work, family over for the holidays etc.

I was going to do more war machine, but just couldn't get motivated. I have a ton of cryx, retribution and convergence to do. Not to mention the elder, tyranids, tau, space marines, Daemons and even some IG now.

ImageImage

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:48 am

I did not realize there were so many little details on the jezzails...

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:59 am

Well that is usually why GW made models from pewter, to hold the details better! You have quite the to-do list there! I'd offer to take the IG off your hands but it's sadly not in my budget! That and I have a ton of stuff to paint as well.

Good luck with those jezzails!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Dez

Post by Dez » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Looks like fun!

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:36 pm

Made a bit of progress on the jezzails and warp grinder