Nappen's Weekly Paint 2014

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Re: Nappen's Weekly Paint 2014

Post by Lady_Soria » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:51 pm

I am honestly starting to wonder if you're human and not some kind of machine.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:15 am

Very human but without a life. No, really, I like to paint and model while watching TV with the kids or sitting around talking with the family etc.

Have both my and my wife's mothers home for that holidays. Took everyone out to diner last night and then while they all watched a movie, I worked on the wraiths a bit.

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:13 pm

heading to the movies with the kids, but got a little more done on the wraiths this morning. Hope to finish them tonight and then work on those last few HQs

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:23 pm

Finished them up. Sorry about the lighting.

ImageImage

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:26 pm

Fast work and a nice color scheme!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:17 pm

Thanks. My son's favorite color is orange, hence it being on all the models. He then has different main colors based on how elite the troops are. Plain orange accents for basic troops, add bronze for semi-elites-like immortals, death marks etc, add blue for more elite-wraiths, cryptecs, lords, then more color for the named characters. Vehicles are all black and orange. His color scheme, I am just the execution arm.

I started the last four HQs tonight. Will post a pic before work. Tonight was card games with the family so not a lot of painting.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:31 am

Here are the photos of where I stand on the last HQs. The one in the middle is a broken one I got in a trade. Added a gun from a deathmark, added a staff top from a Pretorian bit. Will probably paint the green cape blue.

ImageImage

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:49 pm

got my latest trades in for a bunch of deadzone stuff.

got 7 wreck markers, 6 marines, 6 ork nob bikers and an aegis with quad gun.

Traded off A LOT of deadzone, but am very happy with the stuff I got.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:11 pm

Another update: finished the necron HQs are done. That is 7336 points all painted. Still need to base them, but they are all painted.

Now, what to do next.

ImageImageImageImage

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:55 pm

all I got done today was building 6 ork warbikers. Don't know why I am doing it, I don't play orks or even have the codex. I just like the models I guess. And the black reach orks were the first models I ever painted.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:38 am

Irks are fun to build and paint!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:36 am

They are fun to paint and very fun to play against. Still trying to decide what to work on this weekend, as I have it off. Guess I will figure it out after I get home from work today.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:34 pm

Decided to work on some terrain. Started getting back to my Venice board...

ImageImage

Return to “#theweeklypaint 2014”