Oceangrave Studios #TheWeeklyPaint 2014

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
ArqArturo
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: Oceangrave Studios #TheWeeklyPaint 2014

Post by ArqArturo » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:39 pm

I read that as Elder Bro Force, which suddenly reminded me of this awesome game.
“In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased...” Miyamoto Musashi

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:59 pm

So i go to check GWs website, see whats new, since I'm not buying anything this summer I thought it'd be okay to drool a bit. See an awesome campaign box set with some AWESOME minis, see the price is $125 american and think to myself;

"Hm, maybe when I get more settled into the fall I can pick it up."

Then I see it, the most diabolical thing GW just enjoys putting on anything that could feasibly be labeled as "Decently Priced."

"While Stocks Last"

Well, crud, because as we all know, being the most popular table game on the market the stocks are gone in a matter of hours.

Stop it GW. We would all buy your goodies. Don't gotta make your stuff limited run just to make us buy it faster.

You're not gonna die from not getting paid today, when you're gonna be paid tomorrow... You rich boys you.

ON OTHER NEWS.

I'm not dead, just running with the punches of 2 jobs, college, house, lawn, etc. I have been painting in my spare time on the few commissions I am allowing at this time, few being 1. Just thought I'd post my ranting on this one, as I do from time to time.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:02 pm

howdy....

I have held back on the order...lucky GW customer service is closed on weekends and my account is messed up and won't log in.

Oceangrave0
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:10 pm

Nappen wrote:howdy....

I have held back on the order...lucky GW customer service is closed on weekends and my account is messed up and won't log in.
told me it wasn't available at all so I didnt check... I'll get the warboss on ebay though hopefully innevitably.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Joce
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Joce » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:57 pm

Heya

I am check out that box. Meanwhile when you drop by just check out my progress on Kranon. Hope things will settle down for you so you have more time enjoying your hobby.

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:52 pm

Joce wrote:Heya

I am check out that box. Meanwhile when you drop by just check out my progress on Kranon. Hope things will settle down for you so you have more time enjoying your hobby.
I saw your biz on kranon, I got like 4 of him to paint so I dont spend the time you do on them, looks good as is, obviously gonna have to see more of him finished before I make any definitive notations.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

TheHoundmaster
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:26 pm

I hate that I'll never get to have that Ork warboss, but at the same time I'm glad Dark Vengeance isn't going away yet. I want to grab the chaos side before they disappear.
The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:34 pm

I got bored whilst working like a dog, so I painted an ultramarine...

I'm also gonna paint a really awesome fantasy chaos mini to look like a version of Nightmare from Soul Calibur...
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Joce
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Joce » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:40 pm

Nice, hang in there :P

Vault

Post by Vault » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:28 pm

That Nightmare mini would be awesome. :D
Get thee to a shrimpery!
Tau - 1849 points
Space Marines - 2333 points
Necrons - 3185 points
Tyranids - 3339 points
Orks - 1300 points
Lizardmen - 938 points

drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:49 am

yes i agreee why cant we see it.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:21 pm

drsergen wrote:yes i agreee why cant we see it.
cuz I havent primed it, it wont have the arm which sucks but I cant model that easily and I like this mini too much to mess with it alot.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:28 pm

OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Joce
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Joce » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:22 pm

Cool model, I can see me do crazy stuff with that amount of metal.

Vault

Post by Vault » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:07 pm

Cool; The arm is a fair ways there already imho; and from what Incan see of the shield you could Soul Edge it up fairly easily.
Get thee to a shrimpery!
Tau - 1849 points
Space Marines - 2333 points
Necrons - 3185 points
Tyranids - 3339 points
Orks - 1300 points
Lizardmen - 938 points