Oceangrave Studios #TheWeeklyPaint 2014

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Joce
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: Oceangrave Studios #TheWeeklyPaint 2014

Post by Joce » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:48 pm

Oceangrave0 wrote:
Joce wrote:
Oceangrave0 wrote:Finished the paint on another one of my display quality eldar minis, this one isn't 12 years old so it was different

bad pic, can barely see the eyes, but I am still trying to figure out this new phone camera.
I like it very much, can I borrow the same color scheme for my next guy please :mrgreen:

Joke apart, thanks for the inspiration I was looking for something :wink:

Can you get some more pictures if it's possible, closer I want to scrutinize you :lol:
I dont get the joke :roll: but either way I will take more pics of it, still havent based it fully yet, but I've been busy with a job, college, weather issues x.x
The joke is I pretend to be a sucker then I tell you my genuine thanks for the inspiration, I like the green and the purple blade I am going to do the same for my next project.

Yeah I know my wife also tells me all the time that I don't make sense and that I am weird...

Nexus_Crawler
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Oceangrave's #TheWeeklyPaint

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:29 am

TheHoundmaster wrote:I love the combination of loyalist and chaos bits! The helm honors, the chaos warrior weapons, etc, all awesome
for my next army (maybe in a few years the way I collect the ones I have now) I am thinking about mixing chaos and loyalist and forgeworld bits (MK II) to bake a Alpha Legion army that can me played as either chaos or as loyalist. Cuz, who knows with them anyways!
--Necrons, Dark Angels--
--Connoisseur of fine Cheese--

easycompany
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by easycompany » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:34 am

Joce wrote:Yeah I know my wife also tells me all the time that I don't make sense and that I am weird...
Well, you've come to the right place! :lol:
Curahee!

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:25 pm

GW.... stop making good models.... JUST STOP IT!!

I WANT IT!! BUT I DONT WANNA PAY FOR IT!
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:52 pm

Saw that as well, so so sexy! Kinda makes me regret not starting orkz back in 2012.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Nexus_Crawler
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:53 pm

Arnathos wrote:Saw that as well, so so sexy! Kinda makes me regret not starting orkz back in 2012.
Never too late to start.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--
--Connoisseur of fine Cheese--

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:28 pm

Oceangrave0 wrote:GW.... stop making good models.... JUST STOP IT!!

Oh dang that is pretty... and I don't even want to collect Orks... makes me fear when Brets finally come out.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:36 pm

I have too much stuff already.

Joce
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Joce » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:58 pm

Shouldn't he have like a over size bicep of something to be able to hold that huge thing.

He should be called Edward :P

Oceangrave0
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:25 am

Joce wrote:

Shouldn't he have like a over size bicep of something to be able to hold that huge thing.

He should be called Edward :P
Eddy Scissorhands reference, respect.
Wryce wrote:Last week I bought the old one so I'm a bit crossed when I saw this version coming out.

I saw an old one that looked like a warboss, which is cool cuz it still had the monocle, tabard and such
Thinking of buying him as well and do some kind of combination or just let the new one inherit the goblin.

//Wryce
I'm not the biggest fan of the gobo, i'm all about the claw and the face.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:27 pm

SOOOOOoOOOOO since I cant prime anything in bulk at all, ever, since my days off it decides to rain, I have decided to get a Black Reach ork warboss and do another one of my "5 dollar display" models, cept since this is my 3rd favorite ork model, i'll spend up to 10 dollars.

I am getting pics of the Eldar bro for Joce, just been hard being a carpenter lately.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Joce
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Joce » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:57 pm

Oceangrave0 wrote:
I am getting pics of the Eldar bro for Joce, just been hard being a carpenter lately.
you mean the nurgle bro right? Man can't wait to start my next project, no freaking test this time.

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:02 pm

Joce wrote:
Oceangrave0 wrote:
you mean the nurgle bro right? Man can't wait to start my next project, no freaking test this time.
Oh u quoted the eldar post so I thought u wanted pics of that Dingus, especially since the nurgle dude I painted for commission not competition
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Joce
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Joce » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:26 pm

Oceangrave0 wrote:
Joce wrote:
Oceangrave0 wrote:
Oh u quoted the eldar post so I thought u wanted pics of that Dingus, especially since the nurgle dude I painted for commission not competition
Did I? I was certain I quoted the Nurgle bro post. I just wanted to see a bit more the details because the picture was dark a bit, it's ok I got a idea now.