Oceangrave Studios #TheWeeklyPaint 2014

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Oceangrave Studios #TheWeeklyPaint 2014

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu May 08, 2014 1:31 pm

drsergen wrote:i cant wait to get my contemptor.
Pro Tip; Paint the body and arms separate, too much hassle all put together, otherwise it was a really fun model to paint, probably wont sell him any time soon.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Oceangrave0
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu May 08, 2014 3:26 pm

Decided to post the pics of my beastmen test unit so far, I am really liking them, though ranking them up is the most annoying thing ever lol...

Last edited by Oceangrave0 on Thu May 08, 2014 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Thu May 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Those skin colours are amazing! Great job on those guys! And don't get me started on ranking up lol, darn those new horrors and old chaos warriors >.<
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu May 08, 2014 3:35 pm

Arnathos wrote:Those skin colours are amazing! Great job on those guys! And don't get me started on ranking up lol, darn those new horrors and old chaos warriors >.<
lol, I never want to know, even though I might be doing a chaos warrior army for giggles in my lifetime...

I tried to do a slight variation amongst them using lighter and darker skin tones, its hard to see it in the picture because photobucket's edit function is glitchy and wont actually apply.

I am thinking with my wargor I am gonna do a near-white pale skin with black/grey fur, comments?
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Fri May 09, 2014 9:27 am

As always you never fail to impress Oceangrave.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Fri May 09, 2014 9:30 am

Oceangrave0 wrote:
drsergen wrote:i cant wait to get my contemptor.
Pro Tip; Paint the body and arms separate, too much hassle all put together, otherwise it was a really fun model to paint, probably wont sell him any time soon.

thanks for the tip
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sun May 11, 2014 10:47 pm

This is the nurgle daemon prince for my client, had to change my green colour cuz I couldnt get ahold of Reaper Olive Green without waiting a week or so for backstock, how do yall feel about this? the green is brighter and its still WIP but I like it.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Mon May 12, 2014 12:19 am

That is truly awesome... where is the face from?
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu May 15, 2014 11:54 pm

This is a model I got today from Ebay, real old eldar stuff, thought it was cool, got it real cheap, decided to paint it with no washes, see how well my blending can be, WIP, comments?
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Fri May 16, 2014 2:26 pm

Finished it, only used washes on the metals cuz... i hate unwashed metals.... looks blegh to me.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri May 16, 2014 4:50 pm

Very nice blending, I thought it WAS washes!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Fri May 16, 2014 7:56 pm

Dez wrote:Very nice blending, I thought it WAS washes!
no washes in the non-metal colours, those were done purely with fancy blending, even though it is mostly black and brown I feel it came out awesome.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Return to “#theweeklypaint 2014”