Oceangrave Studios #TheWeeklyPaint 2014

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Oceangrave's #TheWeeklyPaint

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:31 am

my camera went shaky cuz my hands were tired after lifting some weights soooo yah... this is how much I got done tonight.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:57 am

Looking very nurgley. I like the greens

Oceangrave0
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:01 am

Nappen wrote:Looking very nurgley. I like the greens
Olive Green, Brown Wash, drybrush Olive green+bone 1:1, drybrush Olive Green+Bone 1:1.5

its how i've always done my nurgle tones
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:37 am

That hellbrute looks really sexy, the grey and green give great contrast to the model.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:19 pm

Dude I'm blown away by those Imperial Fists!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:35 pm

Dez wrote:Dude I'm blown away by those Imperial Fists!
Thanks, thats my display quality work that I decided to sell for a small profit to anyone who wanted it, mainly cuz I just wanted to paint it so bad :P

Hellbrute is almost done, Just gotta do the face and the base and itll be ready for sale :P
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:43 pm

pic kinda sucks buuuuuuut he's done besides the base

OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:54 am

Oceangrave0 wrote:finally finished that Imperial Fists duo that I've had on my desk for a while and with my current Ebay Sales comes some good news for Hound, expect a big package in the mail bud :P

my mother got me this model for christmas. and i gotta ask why did you model the cherub and librarian separately ?
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:16 am

drsergen wrote:
Oceangrave0 wrote:finally finished that Imperial Fists duo that I've had on my desk for a while and with my current Ebay Sales comes some good news for Hound, expect a big package in the mail bud :P

my mother got me this model for christmas. and i gotta ask why did you model the cherub and librarian separately ?
I don't really like the cherub much, but I understand some people do so I made it an objective marker or a secondary piece like with the DA chapter head's helmet bearer
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

drsergen
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:36 am

okay. makes sense.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:57 pm

Got the bits order I've been waiting for, Gonna continue building up my command squad, I think I might make one of the veterans into a pseudo cypher with dual pistols :P I like the idea.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:18 pm

space cowboys.

TheHoundmaster
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:21 pm

I sent you my spare Cypher! Use him!
The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:26 pm

lol, I ended up not doing it cuz Cypher's new rules arent really my thing, but I did make a very visual looking command squad, since these are the puppets of slaanesh I wanted them to have their own story elements of some kind, like I got an Apothecary that carries a scythe.

EDIT: remade the dude with claw and sword to have fist and pistol
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

TheHoundmaster
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:46 pm

I love the combination of loyalist and chaos bits! The helm honors, the chaos warrior weapons, etc, all awesome
The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!

Return to “#theweeklypaint 2014”